Thread: Unable to see printer driver list in Mac OS X Lion

Unable to see printer driver list in Mac OS X Lion

Since the update to Lion, when I attempt to add all printers, drivers, I am unable to see any list. It is completely blank, which used to have a list of all printers known to mankind. I even tried installing the drivers manually, Xerox, for example, nevertheless nothing appears. I do not observe any other troubles like this when Google, so any help is esteemed.

Re: Unable to see printer driver list in Mac OS X Lion

The Mac Pro workstation in the office resides in a Windows domain. Trying to put in network printers IP. Consequently, I am specifying the address of the print server, the queue name of the printer itself, then click, Print with Software> Select Printer.

Snow Leopard which provides me a extended catalog of printers to choose from, with the lion, the list is blank. Gratitude in go forward for any assist you can provide.

It is exactly as you created by Snow Leopard? Is that the configuration of the printer for sharing in Windows?

All operating systems Mac to print to the printers on your network and have for a long time. This particular machine was in print for network printers in exactly that way, until the update of Lion. About 40% of our users are on Mac OS and never have troubles related to network resources like printers and taxpayers, just from the upgrade of Lion have no trouble.

Let me make clear one thing: you are able to print to network printers. Associated with them is no difficulty. However, we have to make use of the generic PS or PCL for the reason that there is no specific list of available drivers.

Therefore, there are no available extended capabilities such as sorting, stapling, and so on. Even downloading and installing the drivers from the manufacturer does not populate the list. Nothing appears for additional drivers.

Then I imagine you necessitate to contact the printer manufacturer to obtain the latest drivers compatible with the lion.

Yes, I have the same trouble. In fact, I want to add another printer of the same type that has been successfully installed. Clearly we've done something similar. I suggest you reboot and reset the PRAM. I'll try that when I am capable to turn off the machine and let you be acquainted with if it fixes it.

Help I have the same crisis! I'm Lion running on my Macbook Pro and try to add an HP of a working group based off of a Windows machine with Windows 7.

I downloaded the latest driver package from Apple and installed it, but now when I try to install the printer, there are no drivers! I have no idea what to do, but I used to be able to print when it was running Snow Leopard.

FWIW I have solved this exact problem, above all, the 500 MB download HP drivers and then download IPScanner to find the IP address of my HP 5000 DN, obviously, not in the printing preferences, as the team I could not perceive.

Then I went to add a new printer - blank page. Select IP at the top and enter the printer address, something like 192.168.0.xx and ready, finds and identifies the printer. Only six hours lost, after dozens of hours devoted to Leo to send mail.

Yes OS X Lion does not come with printer drivers installed. At first I thought it was because I downloaded Lion of MAS, but then I bought a Macbook Air with Lion preinstalled and has no drivers well.

At home I'm sharing a Samsung printer connected to an Ubuntu server, and I had to download the drivers from the Samsung website, and fortunately had already updated its drivers for Lion.So, maybe Xerox drivers are not compatible with the lion yet.