Thread: After installing Mac OS X lion, imac crashes

After installing Mac OS X lion, imac crashes

I updated my iMac to Lion today and now when I connect an opaque black screen scrolls from the top and displays a letter that I have to hold down the power button to turn it off. Can anyone tell me how I can go about correcting this? I wish I could tell you more about the iMac itself, but I do not remember much of what I do not actually utilize it much I tried going into system preferences before the crash, but only comes too fast.

re: After installing Mac OS X lion, imac crashes

Attempt to start the iMac holding down the command key + R; these establish the computer in recovery technique of the Lion. You be capable to then establish the disk tool to repair the hard drive.

OS X Lion includes a set of recovery utilities in high definition. Restart your Mac and hold down the Mac OS X and a "Mac OS X Utilities" application window.

In order to re-install OS X Lion, will be linked to an Ethernet or Wi-Fi. The menu item Wi-Fi is in the upper right corner of the display. Click the icon to observe all accessible Wi-Fi networks. Click the name of your preferred network and, if necessary, enter a user name and / or password.

If you happen to be in a situation that cannot boot from the hard drive recovery, such as the hard drive has stopped responding or you installed a new hard drive without Mac OS X installed, the new Mac models introduced after the public availability of OS X automatically use Internet Lion Recovery feature if the recovery HD (Command-R method above) does not work. Lion Recovery Internet lets you begin your Mac straight from Apple's servers. The system runs a swift test of memory and hard drive to ensure there are no hardware troubles.

Lion Internet recovery has a limited interface at first, with only the ability to select your Wi-Fi and, if necessary, enter the WPA password. Then the Lion Recovery Internet downloads and starts the recovery of a high definition image. From there, they offer all the same utilities and functions described above.

As with the recovery HD, reinstalling OS X Internet Lion Recovery requires an Internet connection. Observe "network configurations and protocols" underneath.

I restarted with the command + R and run the disk utility. It fixes some troubles with the hard disk. I have checked the permissions and then restarted. Do not fix the lock trouble. It crashed again. Thanks for the leadership, however.

You should attempt to make a re-installation of León. Make certain you have a time machine backup.

First make sure you do not have anything connected to your computer keyboard and mouse and then observe if the system still has troubles. Also check out the crash log, you must open the console program in the Utilities folder.

Re: After installing Mac OS X lion, imac crashes

• Double-click the icon for the App Store on the bench.
    • Enter your Apple ID and password.
    • Click on purchases.

If you have not established its iLife suite of applications surrounded by the Mac App Store, you should observe your iLife applications appear on the screen OK. Click on OK.

You might be asked for your Apple ID and password again. ILife applications now purchase section. These applications are part of the software