Thread: Mailbox crashes, after installing Mac OS X Lion

Mailbox crashes, after installing Mac OS X Lion

After installing the lion, my email is blocked as soon as it opened, was working fine before. I know someone else is the same trouble

Re: Mailbox crashes, after installing Mac OS X Lion

I had no trouble during the upgrade and configuration of my bills, and now email is blocked one minute after launch, but I'm not looking!

Apparently I have an image attached to an email that does not like. I'll attempt it out and long conversations as well, but is quite surprising.

It worked with that size in the Leopard and Snow Leopard, nevertheless for now it seems that the lion unable to handle that size. I deleted about half of my emails; it’s now 6 GB and seems to work (no crash and 30 minutes.

As I can use my Mac at the office of a shame that I had to do that, but for now it seems that this is the only way to solve the trouble. Keep in mind to make use of the "remove, lastly," function (right-click on the Inbox). Otherwise the / Library / Mail folder is even larger than before.

Same here. That was working extremely fine, and bring up to date last week. Today it not working twice in 30 minutes. I do not imagine the size of the mail folder .mine is 8 GB and it worked well for almost a week.

1. Right click on Finder icon in the Dock
    2. Choose "Go to folder" from the popup menu
    3. Write Library
    4. Unlock the mail folder until you discover the folder V3
    5. Remove all files and folders within the folder V3
    6. Reboot
    7. Mail will be added to iMobile from Gmail account.

The same trouble for me - no joy in any method. When is apple going to try this with a patch - that many people seem to be having this trouble? My iCal is not saved or new appointments.

Lion is proving disappointing. The council never take the first offer of a new operating system seems very sensible! Apart from my iMac appearing to reduce, Mail crashes and entirely freezes iMac when I attempt to propel mail with attachments of any sensible size. I have to restart the iMac.

Adobe Photoshop CS4 Bridge also is prone to accidents so I suspect that this is something to do with the manipulation of large images and movies.

Moving the "V3" folder "Mail" folder (Library = "alt" + "Go" in the Finder) + restart Apple's Mail application worked for me. Used to collide every 2-3 minutes .

Now seems to be steady (in process for 15 minutes now).I have several IMAP email accounts and 20,000 in the V3 folder (iMac 27 ").

I installed Leopard Snow, who created the large file size in V3. I have deleted and restarted the mail. They were thinner, but still was missing mail from time to time. Followed by other procedures I've seen on this list, but the mail kept crashing. Then I said the accident occurred when I was in the middle of writing an email, and then connected the problem with the mail automatically saving a lot of projects the same message.

That I figured if I wanted it tracks the crashing, I needed it and put a stop mail saving drafts automatically with mana. Since this is happening with my Gmail addresses, I Went's Preferences / Accounts / and look over the set up for my Gmail account. What I did was put out of action the IMAP's Idle-in-the advanced tab, at the very bottom of the window. After this, only one copy of the draft of Any memo appear in the drafts box at Any Given Time. It was still updating the draft every duo of minutes, nevertheless the procedure was not producing a solitary message in the drafts folder for every draft version. Since then I have no trouble, and Gmail is working as always. That Will Hopefully Be it for me. I am functioning in Air and 2010, and now the whole thing is working effortlessly, with no more crashes .

I've been receiving crashes in the middle of writing new-fangled mail also.Unticking "Store draft mail on the server" (Accounts->Mailbox Behaviors) look like it might assist. Seems stable at the present. Here's hoping this resolves it.

I don't know about the crash during search trouble. But I believe w/ Lion and the way it keeps several 'versions' of any data in the native apps, Drafts are a trouble if they're copied to an IMAP server at the same time. I use Google apps (just like gmail.com) and I’ve found Mail.app to crash while writing emails a lot of the time -- and when that happens, login to gmail.com and see how many of these draft messages are in your Trash.it's as if 'every' copy of those 'versions' of the draft made it up to gmail.THAT is the trouble. If you use Gmail turn off "store draft message on the server" for drafts and Sent messages. The only problem I see w/ this is drafts will only stay local though, nevertheless Gmail intelligently copies all sent message to the Sent folder anyway.