Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

shutdown option not working and videos get freezing on windows 8.

Operating Systems

Old 20-10-2011

shutdown option not working and videos get freezing on windows 8.

I newly installed windows 8 on my laptop and then I have the following troubles:
1) When I click shutdown, the screen not bright but the laptop is still on. I have to do it by hand and when it begins to back up, it doesn't complain about unacceptable shutdown.
2) The entire of my videos freeze up. Whether it's flash support, which is Media player classic, Microsoft Windows media players, etc. They freeze the entire applications and I have to also use end task, or pass the time for some minutes.

Old 20-10-2011

Re: shutdown option not working and videos get freezing on windows 8.

I think its Sounds like a video codec issues ... that is, if you're operating video codec?s that aren't supported to Windows format. And as far as the shutdown fixation goes, just make use of Alt+F4 shortcut key from the laptop until that gets set.
Old 20-10-2011

Yes, you can attempt stuff like the Community Codec pack or KLITE Codec pack there are plenty out there. If you don't desire to install a codec pack, then attempt using Splash Media Player or VLC, or any other video application.
Old 20-10-2011

nope, the codec?s work fine in Windows 8 - unless you have a data corruption. I would advise a install or a reinstall or repair. That may be the simplest way to take. Or you seem to be blessed. possibly you downloaded a diverse level than we can. With that type of Codec packs and on the high seas you not at all know what is going to occur.
Old 20-10-2011

Yes, that's correct. I create it a point to only install the basic edition, and if I require any other codec?s, I use the exact program that it was intended for. Seems to have complete fine for me in Windows 8 so far.

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , , , ,