Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 19-10-2011

Windows 8 Preview - The Audio Service is not running.

I recently installed Windows 8 Developer Preview, and everything is working smoothly except for one thing - there is no sound. There's a small icon in the lower right corner of the taskbar telling me that "The Audio Device is not running."
I tried starting it using services.msc, but when I try to, it gives me error 1297: "A privilege that the service requires to function properly does not exist in the service account configuration."
Can someone please help me? I have no idea what's going on.
Old 20-10-2011

Re: Windows 8 Preview - The Audio Service is not running.

I think you have to do clean installation first. And you have to refresh your PC first for that you have to go to the start menu and from there choose the control panel and then select general which you will get in the left side column. And from there you have to go under refresh your system without touching your files and then you have to click on get started. If it?s not helpful for you then you have to reset your windows developer preview. And once you done with reset your personal file and application which are present on it will removed. And then your pc setting will set to the default.
Old 26-03-2012
vedfolnir

Re: Windows 8 Preview - The Audio Service is not running.

try this

first, run as administrator.
second, run command: "secedit /configure /cfg %windir%\inf\defltbase.inf /db defltbase.sdb /verbose"

good luck

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , , , ,