Thread: How to Disable signature enforcement in windows 8

How to Disable signature enforcement in windows 8

I have recently installed windows 8 on my laptop and I am willing to disable the Disable signature enforcement in windows 8 but I am not able to find a way out I have tried doing so but have not succeeded I don’t have much idea about the windows 8 as I am a newbie. Is there anyone who has tried the same and has an idea about it and can help me out. Any suggestion for this will be appreciated.

Re: How to Disable signature enforcement in windows 8

In order to do so you need a multi-boot system on a single os and if you don’t have so then you will have to add a safe mode boot menu entry and then on the startup menu you will get two 2 boot menu entries:
    • Your computer name
    • Safe Mode

So when you get this just highlight your computer and then press Shift + F8. And then you will get the win7 type advanced boot menu and then you can disable driver signature enforcement easily.

In order to Enable Windows 8 Safe Mode you will have to go to the search and then type CMD and then click Apps and then you will get the CMD in main window and then right click on it and then from Advanced button choose Run as Administrator and then type the bcdedit /enum /v and then press enter and then you will get a no of attributes and settings and then from the Windows Boot Manager section type bcdedit / copy {reference entry number} /d “Safe Mode” and then press enter and then close the CMD console and use Win+R hotkey combination on desktop in order to get the Run console and then type msconfig to open the System Configuration utility and then make sure that the Safe Mode is selected and go to the Boot tab and then click on ok and then reboot your system and while windows is loading press F8 key to enter into Advanced Boot Options menu and then click on the “Use another operating system” to access the Safe Mode.After a reboot you will get a Safe Mode main login screen.

In order to start the Windows 7 in Safe Mode through the Advanced Boot Options just follow the below steps:
    • Go to the Advanced Boot Options
    • Use the arrow keys and then select the Safe Mode and then press enter
    • When you are done you have to simply restart the computer and then you will go to the normal mode automatically.

You can also start the Windows 7 in Safe Mode using the System Configuration (msconfig) just follow the below steps:
    • Go to the start menu and then in the search box type msconfig and then press enter
    • When prompted by UAC then just click on Yes
    • Then on the Boot tab
    • Then select Windows 7 and then check Safe boot and dot Minimal.
    • Click on ok and then restart the computer
    • After reboot it will take you to the safe mode.

You can also use the BCDEDIT Command in a Command Prompt which used to work for windows 7 as well:
    For safe mode:
    Open the command prompt and then type “bcdedit /set safeboot minimal” and then press enter and then restart your computer
    For safe mode with networking:
    You have to follow the above method and instead type bcdedit /set safeboot network and then press enter and then close the command prompt and then restart your computer.

If you want to add a signature then just follow the below steps:
    • Click on Settings which will appear at the top of the webpage
    • Then below the "My Settings" in the left pane just click on the Edit Signature.

I was trying to Disable signature enforcement in windows 8 since tomorrow and I had tried a no of other solution as well but then I am finally able to do so by adding a safe mode boot menu entry and then by highlighting my computer name from the 2 boot menu entries which I got and then just highlighting it and then pressing Shift + F8 and then after getting the advanced boot menu I was able to disable the driver signature enforcement. This solution really works and is quite easy as well I will like to suggest the same to the other who have the same doubt. Thanks