Thread: Safe Mode not working via advanced "Startup Settings" in Windows 8

Safe Mode not working via advanced "Startup Settings" in Windows 8

For some reason the Safe Mode option in advanced "Startup Settings" of Windows 8 has stopped working suddenly. Even after clicking on “Enable safe mode” it boots in normal mode.
    What might be wrong in my case??? What can I do to fix it?? Currently I am using msconfig for booting in safe mode.

Re: Safe Mode not working via advanced "Startup Settings" in Windows 8

Quote Originally Posted by B^eha^r View Post
    For some reason the Safe Mode option in advanced "Startup Settings" of Windows 8 has stopped working suddenly. Even after clicking on “Enable safe mode” it boots in normal mode.
    What might be wrong in my case??? What can I do to fix it?? Currently I am using msconfig for booting in safe mode.
    Since it has stopped working suddenly, I want to know what changes you have made in your system recently?? Do you remember them?
    As far as I can guess some recent changes like installation or uninstalltion of some program or applications might have messed up things in your system.

No I haven’t installed or uninstalled any program or applications this week. This issue came up suddenly, I dint had any issue in booting in to Safe Mode using the same option. However, windows 8 have installed some updates automatically, I am not sure but I think the Safe Mode option has stopped working after that.
    I don’t mind getting rid of the updates by performing system restore but before that I just want to conform if this issue is actually because of the update and nothing else.

Ok, in that case you can try running sfc /scannow command. If there might be any missing or corrupted system file in your system then sfc /scannow command will replace them or fix them accordingly.

You can refer below steps for the same:
    Press windows + R
    Type “cmd” without quotes and hit enter
    Once command prompt gets opened, type “sfc /scannow” without quotes and hit enter again (There's a space between sfc and /scannow)

A small scanning process will get run after for verifying integrity of every protected operating system file. In case it doesn’t, run automatically then you can restart your system. It will run after that. Just give it a try and let me know if that works.

Running sfc /scannow command dint made any difference in my case. It dint reported anything after the scanning process got over.

To be at the safer side, I have run thorough scan quite a few times using Avast to narrow down the cause of the issue but no avail. Let me know if there is anything else that I can try out further else I will go ahead with system restore. I am just running out of ideas, any further help on this matter will be grateful. Thanks in advance.

I will suggest you to go ahead with system restore rather than try out anything else. I can’t think of anything else that might help. So try it out and let us know if that fix the Safe Mode problem in your case.