Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 18-10-2011

run in windows Windows Developer Preview

I have recently installed Windows Developer's Preview on my virtual machine and I have heard that we can run the application form the command prompt and I have tried doing so to get the full admin rights and but I think that it is not working and I have to use the same old method by right clicking on it and then running it as an administrator. I don?t have a problem in doing so but then I just want to know if there is some kind of issue with Windows Developer's Preview in order to run the applications through the cmd. Any suggestion regarding this will be appreciated.
Old 18-10-2011

re: run in windows Windows Developer Preview

Even I am using the Windows Developer Preview on my machine and as far as I know I don?t think that running applications from the run menu give you the administrative rights I have read that it in the windows 7 when I use to run it through the cmd it was mentioned below that the task will be created with the administrative privileges but then I have not found the same for Windows Developer Preview. I will suggest you to check it again.
Old 18-10-2011

re: run in windows Windows Developer Preview

As far as I know in Windows Developer Preview when you launch any application using the run dialog it won?t be launched as an administrator and if you have not disabled the UAC.I will suggest you to go to the Control Panel > System Security > Action Center > Change User Account Control Settings and then check if you see the UAC disabled. If your answer is no then I think that you would have experienced that in Windows 7.In order to do so in win 7 type gpedit.msc in the cmd and the other method is to go to the Computer Configuration > Windows Settings > Security Settings > Local Policies > Security Options > User Account Control and then Run all administrators in Admin Approval Mode. Hope that helps.

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , , , ,