Thread: Apple iOS download location for windows xp, windows vista and windows 7?

Apple iOS download location for windows xp, windows vista and windows 7?

Now I want to know the exact storage location for the iOS in windows system. I don’t know where exactly it is storing the firmware so that I can get a idea about the same.

Anyways I want to ask this question with you all as if you can help me out of it that would be better I feel. so please do send me your replies over here I am waiting for the necessary response from you all.

Re: Apple iOS download location for windows xp, windows vista and windows 7?

Quote Originally Posted by !Haritbaran! View Post
    Now I want to know the exact storage location for the iOS in windows system. I don’t know where exactly it is storing the firmware so that I can get a idea about the same.

Anyways I want to ask this question with you all as if you can help me out of it that would be better I feel. so please do send me your replies over here I am waiting for the necessary response from you all.
    I just want to give a clarification that it is the iTunes stores the firmware files it downloads before it updates your iPhone. Also the firmware files do have a extension of .ipsw extension so you can search for that accordingly.

No dude the exact file location that is what I am asking for. I hoipe you are understand ing what I am saying here, I want the file location I mean under which folder it gets stored in that’s what I want to know.

I hope the question is clear to you this time, so do answer it out for me accordingly that’s what I am saying here. please do let me know about it over here, waiting for the necessary replies from you all.

Ok I know about the windows xp since I am windows xp user go to the following location
    1) Go to the Documents and Settings in that users.
    2) Under users go to the application data in that apple computer.
    3) Then iTunes, inside iTunes go to the iPhone software updates.
    There you will be able to find the files respectively.

Let me guide you through the locations for the windows vista and windows 7 respectively so here is the location
    1) Go to users section then AppData
    2) Next is the Roaming, and Apple Computer.
    3) Go to the iTunes, iPhone software updates.
    There you will get all the files with the extension .ipsw. so hope that was enough for you anything else that you need to know then do let me know about it as soon as possible over here.