Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Windows To Go feature on windows 8

Operating Systems

Old 18-10-2011

Windows To Go feature on windows 8

Last one week, I work on the windows 8 development preview and now I want to enable the Windows to Go feature of this system. I hope the windows 8 user already do this task on their system. Then please share your own experience related to this issue. Thanks for any information.

Old 18-10-2011

Re: Windows To Go feature on windows 8

Windows 8 is going to bring a truckload of new features when it arrives next year. Microsoft?s Portable Workspace feature has been renamed to Windows To Go inside Windows 8. It allows you to boot almost any computer into Windows 8 using a USB thumb drive. The manual of the windows gives you the enabling details of this feature. Then use this help and see what happen on your system.
Old 18-10-2011

To produce a Windows To Go USB drive in Windows 8 you will want a 32GB or larger ability USB storage device. You are going to need a copy of Imagex.exe file. You can easily download this executable file from the Microsoft Download Center. Hence try to download this file and it helps to create a Windows To Go USB drive in Windows 8.
Old 18-10-2011

64 bits USB drive with WTG on it will not boot on a 32 bits system. A 32 bits USB pen drive would have incredible that a 64 bits drive does not have. Hence if you want to make any USB drive as Windows to go drive then you need to check that it is 32 bit or the 64 bit. Then only apply correct process onto it. Windows To Go compose it promising to use a managed device whether they work from home, or office. Hence use this feature as per demand on it.

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , , , ,