Thread: How can i exit Windows 8 Developer Preview Apps?

How can i exit Windows 8 Developer Preview Apps?

As per the title suggest I need perfect process to close an opened metro application onto this Windows 8 Developer Preview. I use this system in last two days and every time I need to switch from one application to another instead of directly closing this application. Thanks for anything related to this issue.

Re: How can i exit Windows 8 Developer Preview Apps?

There is no way to manually exit them except via something like Task Manager or Process Explorer. Yes, you need to use an task manager of the process explore on your windows 8 and then kill the running task of the opened application. Hence if you want to do this closing running application use the task manager of the process explore onto it.

The system takes care of keeping the apps from consuming background resources automatically. Hence there is no manual way to close this metro app onto your windows 8 system. In the developer documentation, you can check the app lifetime information. This will be helpful in the future that works to identify when the application has been goes into the wrong direction. Then avoid this application closing task as per my knowledge.

You can do this task by clicking the "Windows" Key and then Ctrl-Alt-Del to open the Task Manager. This will be open the task manager of windows 8. Inside that you can able to close the running process of the application. There is no manual button available on this metro application.

The best approach I've seen however is the good old Alt + F4 combination, which still seems to close applications. This is the solution that works on most of the windows based and this newly launched windows development preview 8 is being fully based on the windows 7 and windows vista system. Alt+F4 only works in the dev tools integrated builds as a developer feature. Then use such combination of the keys on your system and locate the real result onto it. I hope that this will be work to fix your problem.

Process Explorer displays running processes in perceptive tree format. This format has to be contains process names, its icons and other data. In that data description, image, and processor time has been included. This information helps to makes the work a lot easier. Hence I must say that you need to use this process explorer onto your system. This will be help to you for giving an importance of the application process and how to easily kill this running application process.

Usually, the only thing that you are able to access when Windows freezes is the Task Manager. The metro application has been designed onto this windows development preview 8 system in such manner that helpful to perform some task on the background manner. There is few things missing on this system and in other words it has not the complete version of the windows 8. Hence I think you need to avoid this thing. There is no need to do this closing application task on windows 8 system. You can use the switching application from one to another task onto it. Try this and see what happen onto it.

As I understand, Metro Apps can't be properly closed at the moment, except for ending the task in the task manager. This killing running application of the windows 8 application is not necessary because it will be not fully developed. If you think to do such task then you can perform it using an task manager or the end process. You can also use the help of the official site expert for solving your complicated problem.