Thread: Tablet Applications not working in Windows 8 Developer

Tablet Applications not working in Windows 8 Developer

I have got new windows 8 developer preview for my operating system recently and the problem I have started facing is that whenever I am trying to go to the start menu and clicking on my tabs then it is showing loading for some seconds but then it does not open and gives me a blank green screen. Is there anyone who has an idea about this and can help me out as well? Any suggestion regarding this will be helpful.

Re: Tablet Applications not working in Windows 8 Developer

I have faced the same problem before and the cause for it was that my screen resolution was set to 1366x768.Later I have found that the required screen resolution should be at 1920 x 1080 and if it so then the metro icons will work very well but if it is at 1280 x 720 or to 1366x768 then they won’t work and they will result in giving you a blank green screen. Just try to set the screen resolution to 1920 x 1080 and then check if the problem is solved or not. I think that it should definitely solve it out as I have faced the same problem before and had solved it with the same solution. Best of luck.

Just follow the below steps:
    • Reboot your Windows 8 computer.
    • When it starts booting then tap the F8 key
    • Insert the Windows 8 Installation Media
    • Select language and then click on Next.
    • Then Click on Repair your computer
    • Then on Troubleshoot
    • And then select the recovery option you want from Refresh your PC (Troubleshoot),Reset your PC (Troubleshoot),System Restore (Advanced options),System Image Recovery (Advanced options),Automatic Repair (Advanced options),Command Prompt (Advanced options).

You can also open the "Recovery" Options from within Windows 8 itself as well:
    Login as an administrator
    Insert the Windows 8 installation media
    Go to control panel and then click on Recovery icon.
    And then select the recovery option you will like to have from the Refresh your PC, Reset your PC, Open System Restore, Configure System Restore, Create a System Repair Disc. Hope that helps.

In order to create a system repair disc. Follow the above steps to navigate to the system recovery options and after that follow the below steps:
    • Insert a blank DVD
    • Press Windows + R keys and then type recdisc and then press enter.
    • Click on Create disc
    • The process will start and end and will eject your CD.
    • Click on close and then click on OK.

You can also try to update the drivers in order to update the driver. In order to update the graphic driver just go to the control panel and then go on to the administrative too and then go in to the computer management and then you will get a window and then in the left pane of the window click on the device manager and then in the right pane you will get a list of drivers. Now from the list select the graphic driver for e.g. Intel(R) HD Graphics - Driver Version: 8.15.10.2302 and then uninstall the driver and then reboot and then the windows will automatically find the driver when you update it or repair it using the repair disc.

You can try the version 8.15.10.2413 select 64bit driver from Intel download centre. Try to download it form Here

You can also Run a "Automatic Repair" to Fix Windows 8 Startup Problems,just follow the steps below to do so:
    • Boot to the System Recovery Options screen and then go to the advanced options
    • Select “Windows OS” in order to run startup repair on
    • If you get a prompt then select an administrator account and enter the userid and password
    • The process will start and then will automatically repair
    • If it does not help for the first time then you will have to run the automatic repair process for 3 times