Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 18-10-2011

Windows Updates is now made available in Windows 8 Developer Preview

Just a note below that Windows updates are available after installing Windows 8 Developer Preview nice to know that Microsoft is actually in business. I have read you post stating that the update of the preview Windows 8 development is not available, but I guess not all relevant windows 8 immediately told me just eight updates became available. Sure you are carrying out, and now my CCC install correctly in compatibility mode for Windows 7.
Old 18-10-2011

Re: Windows Updates is now made available in Windows 8 Developer Preview

I think Microsoft really disgust me every time I am trying to get into the windows update its freezes I don?t know what wrong with it little helps here guys
Old 18-10-2011

I've observe this actions when windows is in the center of an update. Give it some time and then try over again. I left windows 8 running during the night after the first install.
Old 18-10-2011

Just one question and they were talking about activation and updates. This is my first time playing with a build-dev and I wonder if I'll have to remove everything and buy the operating system when it is finally released the dev build or continue to operate, receive updates and be valid?
Old 18-10-2011

Certainly , the Developer Preview expire on / off, as Microsoft makes these formations to expire automatically after a certain period of time is probable that when the beta comes out as most likely have to uninstall the version to install the beta turn in an allotted time expires. A fine example of what I memorize is when Office 2010 beta was released and could be used and fully functional for one year after which just stopped working.
Old 18-10-2011

just why not you rather an upgrade the Windows Developer Preview for the beta as an upgrade from Windows instead of a clean install? and, in fact, that's what I do, but I thought I would give the more conventional approach. They also have a shortcut on the desktop since I work mostly good "desktop. I wonder if there is a way to get direct access to the interface of old-style update on the new Metro home. Man, that would be very useful. And one more thing its weird. I can observe a definition update that was available in the present day, and an Intel HD graphics update that was available days gone by
Old 20-10-2011

An update for Windows Defender definition is not considered as an upgrade to Windows 8 in the sense that you're talking about here. An update MFG chip is also not considered as an update to Microsoft Windows 8.

I also smell a beta or pre-beta very soon.

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , , , ,