Thread: Mac OS X Lion Faulty

Mac OS X Lion Faulty

Basically, I want to make clear. I have pirated software on my Macbook Pro .Now I want to pay for Lion through the Mac App Store, etc, for the motive that I love it. Is there any way to do this without losing all my data and applications?

Re: Mac OS X Lion Faulty

Quote Originally Posted by Hasrat$ View Post
    Basically, I want to make clear. I have pirated software on my Macbook Pro .Now I want to pay for Lion through the Mac App Store, etc, for the motive that I love it. Is there any way to do this without losing all my data and applications?
    No. Once pirates, any data on your computer may be suspected for Trojans, and other nonsense. Sorry, but you're going to have to start very fresh.

The pirates forever seal their fate with their own actions. Regrettably there is no alternative.

Where the pirates that already it contains no malware? It is likely that all of your personal data has been stolen already. You may want to check it while you are trying to find a way to fix the mess that is your Mac.

Some malware can be undetectable. I've seen the pirates and those who did reported that A hold them a pre-release version of an operating system that had the same version as the final version, showing the build number was hacked to look like it was the version of release. The only way I could tell the difference is the stability of the system was not as good in a memory and installed copy of pirated software as legitimate software.

But I agree, make sure that the source was received has not done anything to personally identifiable information from credit bureaus checkbook, credit card companies and banks of any unusual activity, and if is found, to get account numbers change now than later to avoid any further damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Dayanidhi View Post
    Some malware can be undetectable. I've seen the pirates and those who did reported that A hold them a pre-release version of an operating system that had the same version as the final version, showing the build number was hacked to look like it was the version of release. The only way I could tell the difference is the stability of the system was not as good in a memory and installed copy of pirated software as legitimate software.

But I agree, make sure that the source was received has not done anything to personally identifiable information from credit bureaus checkbook, credit card companies and banks of any unusual activity, and if is found, to get account numbers change now than later to avoid any further damage.
    Had some firsthand experience with the pirate code, I did not know that. Could, as you have tried in the past.

I've dealt with some shady customers in the past. Have been reported long ago, and I have no association with them. It was amazing to see the kind of things that some people did. But it is tales of warning for all of us know people who wish to participate in Peer2Peer networks could face the dangers.

Get an external hard drive and any use of time machine or just manually copy over all your data. I suppose it has OSX Snow Leopard or another to install in Lion, insert the OS X disk and restart the system and press "C" or the option key. Once you boot from the disc, open Disk Utility and erase your hard drive with Lion.

Then, reinstall Snow Leopard, once made to update so you have the App Store, then login and download Lion. Then copy all data from the back of the external drive to your Mac from long-winded I know.

If he has a website, check for cookies from that site in the browser's security preferences. If there is none which is not a little better opportunity is through imports. However, I do not know if the copy has its own hidden spyware installed. In any case, as soon as you’re Mac clean it; change all passwords that could have been used for those who are totally different. The only way to definitively know if sensitive data could have been stolen if any unusual withdrawals occur in their accounts. Anything you joined the team since its installation, it is suspected that go back to what their accounts are. If you use similar keywords in other places, now you can guess.

Not even go that far. A clever hacker can attach small Trojans with data from a pirated system. Even the image files are metadata that can be modified. I do not think there is something that is absolutely secure.

Quote Originally Posted by Sitia View Post
    Not even go that far. A clever hacker can attach small Trojans with data from a pirated system. Even the image files are metadata that can be modified. I do not think there is something that is absolutely secure.
    I cannot deal with it HAVING completely wiped my Macbook Pro. I have lots of documents and music files.

You should have thought about that before going to a pirate site. That's the cost of piracy.