Thread: After updating to Mac OS X Lion (10.7.2), unable to open Keychain access application

After updating to Mac OS X Lion (10.7.2), unable to open Keychain access application

I recently upgraded to OSX 10.7.2 and cannot open the Keychain Access application. It hangs on startup. A side consequence of this is that I cannot access my office network as WPA Enterprise network preferences cannot way in the certificates stored in the keychain.

Re: After updating to Mac OS X Lion (10.7.2), unable to open Keychain access application

I work at a university and I've heard of two students who seem to be experiencing the same problem: attempts to start Keychain Access to lock before showing the window (Ye Old spin of the wheel of the rainbow) and attempts to connect Company to WPA 802.1x network result in a similar drop after you are prompted to enter your credentials 802.1x. Fascinatingly, we also have an unlock guest network that redirects users to a welcome page. Students be able to connect to this network and to ping outside, nevertheless the welcome page does not come into view in either Safari or Firefox. (Firefox finally returns an mistake that "the connection has been discontinued."

We hope this information helps anyone who might have an idea how to solve this trouble.

Re: After updating to Mac OS X Lion (10.7.2), unable to open Keychain access application

I've been on the phone from Apple that spoke to me through a series of techniques that may have worked in a number of cases, although did not work for me.
    • To observe if you open Keychain Access from a new-fangled admin user account
    • Hold down Shift, Ctrl, Alt and cmd to turn on the Mac
    • Hold alt, cmd, p and R to turn on the Mac. Mac is restarted after the first chimes. permit commissioning and test once more.
    • Hold down the alt key at startup, boot the recovery partition, and confirm the hard drive after repair file permissions. This does not help me.

I ran out of time at this point, but I'm going to have to do a reinstall. I'll call back now and will be updated with the result.

Managed to fix it without reinstalling. Perhaps more by luck than by trial. I booted into the recovery partition and make use of disk utility to check and repair all my disks and disk permissions. This can also be done from an installation Lion DVD, if you have no recovery partition.

I experienced the same problems Bateman see everyone over, until the destruction of my access to a system of 802.1X. I have been able to determine how to reproduce the problem. For me, I have access to a secure network through my Ethernet network residential college. This requires a record of every 5 hours, with the credentials of my university. After a session, Safari operates normally until the certificate has expired. After Safari stops responding and does not load pages or I can access the welcome screen to re-enter my university network. Keychain Access does not respond, as does the installer for some DMGS.

A repair disk partition recovery only solves this problem for a while. Nor am I able to do a reinstall of the recovery partition for some strange reason. He tells me to contact Apple Care which is never a good sign.

We have the same problem as me. Apparently, Apple's latest security patches incorporated in captive portal 10.7.2 prevent kidnapping.

Firefox 7.0.1 was unable to work, but Opera 11.51 realizes the redirect, but allows! There may be a setting in Keychain Access can be changed to work, nevertheless I cannot launch Keychain Access at the moment!

It looks like a disk repair / permit temporarily solves the trouble. After a repair disk can be accessed briefly Keychain Access again until something requires a certificate, when the unresponsive again.

I'm seeing the same behavior. It started with the freezing of Adium at the beginning; I looked at the accident report and was crashing when trying to load some of the key, but also froze access keys at startup. I went into / Library / Key chains login.keychain renowned, when I was able to open Keychain Access and create a login keychain replacement. Unfortunately there is no previous version in the local mirror of Time Machine.

At the moment. I’m running with a new keychain, so I lost all the old passwords that used to be stored there, but at least my computer is working.

I just upgraded to 10.7.2 yesterday so it seems plausible that it's related to that. I'm not sure if there's any way to repair the old keychain though since I can't even open it in Keychain Access to attempt to use the repair facility there.