Thread: Comment on Metro UI in windows 8

Comment on Metro UI in windows 8

There is no doubt that, Microsoft is aiming high on the to cover the touch screen market but do you feel the usage of this interface on the touch screen device like now a day’s like the android and apple gives . What do you people feels about the the Metro UI look and the ways its works does it do well enough for you . I like to hear your comment on this subject what do you feel please reply

Re: Comment on Metro UI in windows 8

Well my thought is Metro UI look good on the tablets in fact it look so superior that I use Launcher 7 on my rooted Nook Color its actlly emulates the Metro UI as a desktop substitute. But it has its own drawbacks like for laptop and notebooks it won’t suite the mouse is just too accurate to call for such large tiles I don’t understand that is it why I have to pan my desktop each time to see from left and right to see the whole thing More prominently, the sheer quantity of shattered space is awful. Crush Metro and the classic Windows UI jointly screams of terrible UI, as well. It's just extremely, very awful for desktops and notebooks. And for touch screen it’s like a god

For me, the Metro user interface is just another Windows Phone, an attempt to overcome another market. The desktop is not going away for long, despite what Steve Jobs may speak. Hopefully Microsoft focused on improving its flagship operating system, as an alternative of trying to change the user experience in a completely different direction. I have used many times an iPad, and I absolutely hated it. A touch screen for me is fine on a phone with a decent sized screen, but not on a computer monitor. Somehow this new user interface reminds me of how Ubuntu Unity adopted and brought to the masses of users away from other distributions. This may be the first edition of Windows for a long time that I will not buy anything.

I akin to it. It's a bit new, a little different and brand new no less than for Windows. Not certain if I want to make use of it on my laptop although, however it's absolutely cool and functional on a tablet. Would like to personalize the icons still, that is modify colors, text and even form. Square icons are very well, although what about in a circle, triangle or star shape?

I actually don't be fond of it at all, in any case not on my net book. I just don’t like the interface of windows 8 can't it be attractive as well as useful

Not impressed at all with the Metro UI, if it were simply an OS-based tablet then my opinion would be something dissimilar. on the other hand, since of the way Metro is structured in a productivity surroundings that leaves little to be preferred. Many companies simply choose not to upgrade sounds well-known, many remember XP to Vista or simply use the legacy feature optional desktop, then the question is, why bother upgrading at all. If you're in the business of graphic design, or publishing, for example, one can picture using the subway, where you have to duplicate and paste very often from one window to another and have the collapse of the window, then move then make bigger, then paste, then repeat. And that's just for an instance. Microsoft, in my opinion do not think this was very good in fact I hope the final version will take care of things such as being able to enlarge a

Quote Originally Posted by Dayanidhi View Post
    Not impressed at all with the Metro UI, if it were simply an OS-based tablet then my opinion would be something dissimilar. on the other hand, since of the way Metro is structured in a productivity surroundings that leaves little to be preferred. Many companies simply choose not to upgrade sounds well-known, many remember XP to Vista or simply use the legacy feature optional desktop, then the question is, why bother upgrading at all. If you're in the business of graphic design, or publishing, for example, one can picture using the subway, where you have to duplicate and paste very often from one window to another and have the collapse of the window, then move then make bigger, then paste, then repeat. And that's just for an instance. Microsoft, in my opinion do not think this was very good in fact I hope the final version will take care of things such as being able to enlarge a
    I completely have the same opinion, particularly on the containing to scroll left and right to see everything and be of the same opinion the big blocks of color is just worn out space.

After seeing the article on Windows 8 Metro is a website of my thoughts about Metro is that most Windows users accustomed to traditional Start menu do not want to go through the process of having to learn a new way of working with Windows. In other words, if it is not broke do not fix it. Companies have problems and due to the training required to learn this new approach. I'm sure there will be many changes in Metro before Windows is finally underway.

In my opinion Microsoft will make each one a favor if it provides a quick way to disable the Metro user interface, perhaps even a shortcut. I cannot really see myself using, except you are operation a tablet or a touch screen laptop or PC. It may seem pleasant and cool, but I see no advantage to have him on my desk or my current laptop. yet, a button or a shortcut that might allow me to switch among the traditional and the Metro user interface would not be a problem.

I read a blog on the website about Windows 8 Developer Preview, and told me that we are continually testing the effectiveness of the new user interface and will continue to improve. So, in other words, there is hope that the new user interface will improve Metro and maybe just have to be a little patient. There is the possibility that by the time Windows 8 is going to produce all or nearly all praised the Metro user interface. You can read more about this web site

Well, my thought is that maybe Microsoft may have most people's view and put the user interface Metro liked by most people. In its current form, it sucks, but I do not think it should be discarded altogether. Although Windows 7 design works well, I'm open to a fresh new look, as long as practical.