Thread: Mac OS X Lion Mail and Failing Searches/Worthless

Mac OS X Lion Mail and Failing Searches/Worthless

I get lot of all account. All of which work extremely well. As you can observe there are a number of emails from view. If I be able to write a total word in the search field, click on the "The note contains" Mixpanel "suggestion (which we observe obviously in the first note in the list), I acquire no result. I tried to modify all options selectable and cannot be translated into reality to find the messages.

Partial search sometimes works, and the choice of specific car suggestions "People", seems to work, but not for the whole word. I'm perplexed.

Re: Mac OS X Lion Mail and Failing Searches/Worthless

Have you checked Spotlight in System Preferences to make sure the mail is marked by the search and that mail is not on the list of excluded? My e Lion search works enormous, no troubles. I make use of IMAP exclusively, nevertheless the option for all messages and attachments downloaded for offline reading. This be supposed to not be a trouble although may be value preferences of your mail account as well.

Yes, that was one of the first things I checked. Works focus on other aspects, the mail is not excluded. Before upgrading to e-mail searches Lion worked fine.

I tried the "reconstruct" option obtainable in the Mailbox menu and had no effect. He also tried to order the addition of the mail folder in the Spotlight privacy area and then take it back to force a re-indexing, but that did not seem to do no matter which either.

I had this trouble too, and fixed it by enabling Spotlight indexing. This is what you do: Open Terminal and type the subsequent: sudo-i mdutil .If prompted for password, type it and press Enter.

It should speak "Indexing enabled". You be able to verify to observe if Spotlight is indexing your hard drive by clicking the Spotlight icon of the glass on the top right of the screen.

If you are not indexing your hard drive, go to the Spotlight privacy settings in System Preferences and add your Macintosh HD to the list, and then remove. Spotlight should be encouraged to re-index your hard drive.

I encountered the same problem with only a few messages (if any) to appear in searches in the mail. For example, I have over 100 messages from Netflix in all my mail folders (trash included), but when I search for anything containing "Netflix" that only withdraw up to two messages in my junk folder on two dates at random. This was the case of searches that I was trying to pull up, not only for emails Netflix.

He pointed out this thread and told me he was going to re-index my focus.I went to System Preferences, then Spotlight, click the Privacy tab, click the + sign to add the entire Macintosh HD to the list of "preventing outbreaks of searching these locations" and then remove the disc Macintosh hard drive, click the button -. Immediately my attention began to re-indexing, and took a good 90 minutes or more. Once done, I returned to open mail and everything worked fine!

Adding my voice to this. Email searches are incomplete, and lack of critical results. This is affecting my work.I understand that the above solutions, and test, but this really, really feels like something that should have worked out of the box.

I did everything that you speak and still no joy for me. I find the message body not names. where the sender's name is different, assumed name their bunks. There must be a search option, as it were in leopard.

It seems that no Apple staff is always looking for such.

On my Macbook Unibody, updated to Lion, the trick Spotlight privacy works completely during indexing, nevertheless then the trouble returns straight away.

Interestingly, I have my new Macbook Air yesterday and email search works perfectly. I do not migrate, I added my email accounts. I sync. So maybe the answer is an enhanced version of Mac Sync is let to replace all email accounts? What are you all?

Once re-indexing function and Snow Leopard. Apple is only to help reduce the amount of mails through the introduction of new filters. We invite you not to use filters.

From time to time we are able to force spotlight to establish building an index through the terminal, nevertheless after a few minutes care finishes. It is unclear why and it does, we cannot locate any report on the console.

I can add my backup drive to the "private area" of attention in the preferences. I am also able to add my harddisc or folder-programs, but after closing and reopening preferences my hard disc and program folders are deleted. It seems a serious trouble - confidently Apple will take on this subject a solution or an upgrade.

I love to say that I have good news, but unfortunately not! After spending three hours on the phone with apple care trying to fix this trouble on my machine I had to do a filled installation and cleaning of Lion now solve the trouble and the investigate is fine.

Massive disappointment on the part of the apple and this is simply not good enough! First negative real experience and a big Mac