Thread: System hangs on boot, after updating to Mac OS X Lion

System hangs on boot, after updating to Mac OS X Lion

I downloaded and installed Lion 10.7.2 update last night on my Macbook Pro The update appeared to download fine after a while, but during installation of the system that seemed to hang the file transfer. I left the installation system overnight, but when I saw this morning the update was not completed and I was not getting any response from the system at all.

Now when I reboot I get the Apple logo with the state setting symbol, but that's all. I booted in verbose mode and it seems as if the starter is hung on the Bluetooth driver installation. I can get into the Mac OS X Utilities and was thinking reinstalling MAC operating system, but I am sure of this as I do not know if this will wipe out all my data. I am moderately original to the Mac troubleshooting so any advice would be very much respected.

Re: System hangs on boot, after updating to Mac OS X Lion

As it hang my system also in what was to reboot after installing the 10.7.2 Combo Updater. Restart the computer after just hang on the white screen after the stroke. I called Apple Care and they told me the usual solution to the problem was to reset the PRAM what I did and it has solved the problem. My computer now boots fine. To reset the PRAM, start the computer from the outside and immediately press and hold down the Option-Command-PR until you restart the computer chimes twice. Then release the keys. My team, after initially reset PRAM, took about 5 minutes to boot, they told me is normal. Now it boots normally.

Reinstatement of Lion at the top of it will not harm your data or applications. Simply install the operating system on top of the operating system. You should make a backup if you can as a precaution before reinstalling.

I have the same trouble. Lion downloaded and installed 10.7.2 update. The system is restarted, but now the only thing I get is the apple logo with the state setting symbol, but that's all. The only way to access the HD-MAC is to boot from an external hard drive with a boot partition of the Lion.

How I will be able to acquire my address book files and restore backup later if necessary? How I will be able to acquire my calendar files to backup and restore it later if essential?

Reinstatement of Lion at the top of it will not harm your data or applications. Simply install the operating system on top of the operating system. You should make a backup if you can as a precaution before reinstalling.

Unless you have a Mac OS X boot Lion installation DVD or USB drive, I'm not convinced how to run the installation image that you articulate you have an external hard drive unless you are able to boot from it and used to produce the installer, rather than a DVD drive or thumb.

The only other way would be to start the recovery by pressing Command-HD - R when you hear the startup sound, and then reinstall from there.

1. Pressing Command - R when you hear the startup sound no more. The only thing I get is the apple logo with the symbolic status fixation.
    2. I have a boot install Mac OS X Lion partition external HD.

I had a similar trouble, I have mine solved by booting from an external drive and install 10.7.2 combo update on the internal drive. Since the implementation of combo update, my system boots and works fine.

After the upgrade successfully from my Mac Pro I get a blank gray screen. Turn on your computer, restart by pressing option key and selecting Macintosh HD boots fine.

They do not have this trouble before the upgrade, any clues? confirmed boot disk and used Onyx DiskWarrior off an external hard drive, but the problem still persists. This is a trouble 10.7.2 introduced.

1. Before the expedition, this had an external boot disk with MacOS 10.7 on it. Was not connected during the update.
    2. After applying the 10.7.2 update on my hard drive, you cannot boot after update
    3. Connect external drive on Mac, Mac restarted, holding down the Option key to get a list of boot drives, select the external drive
    4. From OS external hard drive, launch Safari, go to the apple support, downloads, 10.7. Mac OS update.
    5. After the download is absolute, mounted disk image Combo update, twice click the update installer
    6. License Agreement, the selected drive as a destination for internal installation
    7. After installing the combo update ended, the control panels select the boot disk, internal drive and restart selected click.
    8. The fine boot the internal drive.

He had the same precise trouble with my White 2006 MB. He had to reboot into recovery mode Lion and the burden of a Time Machine backup for Mac to get the service again in 10.7.1. He tried to upgrade twice with comparable results.