Thread: After updating to Mac OS X Lion (10.7.2), time machine unable to complete backup

After updating to Mac OS X Lion (10.7.2), time machine unable to complete backup

I configured Time Machine to back up automatically in a time capsule. After the update is giving this mistake note, along with "The disk image backup cannot be accessed It also opens a Finder window with disk backup and relief folders in it. A day previous point did make a backup of 3 GB, nevertheless now it unsuccessful again. In Time Machine preferences in the correct disk is selected.

Re: After updating to Mac OS X Lion (10.7.2), time machine unable to complete backup

I have this too, with a USB connected external hard disk 2 TB. He tried to repair the disk will not be completed. It definitely happened after 10.7.2 update. The volume contains missing or tainted my backups leaving back to March.

Re: After updating to Mac OS X Lion (10.7.2), time machine unable to complete backup

To discover out further, once I got to highlight its way Time Capsule in AirPort Utility, I realized that the disc's name had been changed to "data" instead of the name he had given the configuration mode back when. This is a changing field. So I changed the name to the configuration name you click Disconnect All Users then followed the remaining steps.

Backup time was right. This time they open a new Finder window. I suppose that the disc was the issue so-called time machine and was looking for something that was not there. It will maintain control over subsequent copies.

The process seems to work well for a number of backup operations and accidents Time Machine again. The only difference with the process you describe is that I am asked.

To enter or confirm the Time Capsule disk password when choosing the disk on the configuration of the Time Machine.

I did not notice the name change until you said. So I went back and followed her extra steps to play it safe. I guess this is a bug that Apple will have to work with 10.7.3 beta. Thanks to have a sharp pair of eyes than me!

I'm still experiencing intermittent problems with no backup as well. the first backup power automatically after a reboot or not, then sometime later a backup Squeaks through. Not quite sure what's going on. This is the only iMac, the Macbook is working.

I do not think it's a time machine accident, there seems to be some trouble finding where to go to find the most recent backup and to work.

For my part, everything seems to have been working very well for a couple of hours .I changed the setting in the Airport utility Disk time capsule share to allow access. Password using the time capsule and not a specific one. Just an idea to make the easiest possible way for Time Machine to access on the disk. I did not try to restart but Sick and let you know. In addition I have tried to obtain information from Express Lane. And I was a little upset to find out assets that have no Apple Care invited me to sign a contract for $ 50 monthly attendance for help with a problem directly related to Mac OS Lion latest version.

I still have the trouble resurface every time I restart my Mac Mini. Time Machine is coming still cannot find the disk; it opens a search folder as before. So every time I restart my Mac Mini, I have to redo all the steps above.

I'm assuming that there is a bug in 10.7.2 that is causing this. I guess we'll have to wait for the update 10.7.3 or 10.7.2.1 to correct the error time machine.

I did and began to restart a backup that does not .I disconnected all users from the disk into the panel from the airport, select the disk setup time machine and everything is working fine again .Until the next reboot!

I agree with you that this version is that it has a strange few errors. When Mobile Me move my two passwords to icloud .I had to use the restore process so that access to my back and complete the migration.