Thread: After installing Mac OS X Lion (10.7.2), lost my recovery HD

After installing Mac OS X Lion (10.7.2), lost my recovery HD

Since installing 10.7.2, I misplaced my recovery HD.I checked all my concealed partition with the debugger in the disk utility and even tried to establish it .nevertheless seriously it was. I could perceive before, when you press the ALT key at startup.

Is there any way to easily recreate my recovery HD? So far, I've only read about how to completely reinstall Lion. There must be another way? Because of this trouble, I cannot have File Vault 2 or icloud Find My Mac.

Re: After installing Mac OS X Lion (10.7.2), lost my recovery HD

Do you still have the recovery concealed partition called HD appears in Disk Utility?

OS X Lion includes a set of recovery utilities in elevated definition. Restart your Mac and hold down the Command key and the R key, and keep asset them until the Apple icon, representing that the Mac is preliminary. After the recovery HD has finished starting, you be supposed to observe a desk by means of a menu bar of Mac OS X and a "Mac OS X Utilities" application window. Make a note of: If you observe a login window or your desktop and icons, it is probable that you did not hold Command-R in advance. Reboot and attempt again.

In order to re-install OS X Lion, will be associated to an Ethernet or Wi-Fi. The menu item Wi-Fi is in the upper right corner of the display. Click the icon to see all available Wi-Fi networks. Click the name of your favored network and, if essential, go into a user name and / or password.

Internet Lion recovery-If you happen to locate a situation where you cannot boot from the hard drive recovery, such as the hard drive has stopped responding or you installed a new-fangled hard drive without Mac OS X installed, the new Mac models introduce after the public ease of use of OS X automatically Lion Internet make use of Lion Recovery characteristic if the recovery HD does not work. Lion Recovery Internet lets you establish your Mac directly from Apple's servers. The system runs a rapid test of memory and hard drive to make sure there are no hardware troubles.

Lion Internet recovery has a limited interface at first, with only the ability to select your Wi-Fi and, if necessary, enter the WPA code word. Then the Lion Recovery Internet downloads and starts the recovery of a high meaning image. From there, they offer all the identical utilities and functions described above.

As with the recovery HD, reinstalling OS X Internet Lion Recovery requires an Internet connection. observe "network configurations and protocols"

I have no partition called "Recovery High Definition" more. I’ve been reading before, but it seems that explains how to create a new HD if Leo recovery is already installed.

You can create a small partition at the end of the OS X partition in which you can install a HD recovery. However, the program creates a recovery IrDA high-definition on a USB device that has a small partition of 1.5 GB is installed. You can use the USB device such as HD recovery. You can also clone a small partition on the hard disk.

Or, you can reinstall Lion. However, you need a recovery disk to start the reinstallation.

Reinstalling Lion

HD boot in Recovery: Restart your computer and after the chime press and hold Command-R until the menu screen. Alternatively, restart the computer after the bell and press and hold down the Option key until the bootloader screen appears. Select the hard drive recovery and click the arrow button down.
    Repair disk and permissions: At the beginning of the disk utility from the main menu select. Repair disk and permissions as follows.

When the menu appears select the Recovery Disk Utility. After DU loads choose your hard drive entry from the list on the left side. In the DU status area you will observe an admission for the SMART status of hard disk. If it says "established", the hard drive is failing or not. If the drive is "established" then select the OS X volume from the list on the left click the First Aid tab, and then click the Repair Disk button. If DU reports any errors that have been resolved, re-run Repair Disk until no error is encounter. If no errors are reported, click Repair Permissions button. Wait until the operation completes, then stop DU and return to the major menu.

You be able to also download the installer again from Lion by the opening of the App Store. Hold down the alternative key and click on the shopping icon in the toolbar. You should now observe an active Install button to the right of purchase accounting for the lion. There are situations where this will not work. For example, if you are already started on the Lion bought with your Apple ID or if an instance of the installation of Lión is located anywhere on your computer.

"How to download Recovery Wizard" appears in it. It is suggested that any machine Internet service can create a USB-Recovery Assistant. Does that mean that even a Windows machine (if necessary) will create a USB flash drive in the right format? Or how "any system available" USB-RecoveryAssistsnt create this?

I have not seen a Windows version of the program IrDA, so I cannot come back with your question.

I'm trying to figure out the output of this stage (theoretical, extreme, but possible) I have one and one Mac with Lion and initially delivered only with the lion, so the firmware is not even a full retail Snow Leopard.

HD dies completely, so nothing can be saved. No. USB-Recovery Assistant .In short hardware, Mac only works Lion, nevertheless not even a way to get to the internet to download anything.

And the desire to restore Lion's launch and recovery. I’m still in SL and have not seen a need to update, but want to know how to handle troubles with the lion.