Thread: Time machine/capsule not working in Mac OS X Lion – Getting error 111

Time machine/capsule not working in Mac OS X Lion – Getting error 111

Even after upgrading to a lion, I had little problems arise, but usually appear in themselves. However, for some reason, my computer is not connected to Time Capsule backup (yet can be used to connect to the Internet though)

Mistake note I acquire: The disk image backup" / Volumes / Data / computernamehere.sparsebundle "can not be access (error 111)".

Any ideas? I cannot find anything in these forums for help with this trouble.I'm not very techno-literate language, and I'm sorry for that, nevertheless actually I have to fix this, for the reason that I'm tired of seeing the pop letter every 5 minutes!

Re: Time machine/capsule not working in Mac OS X Lion – Getting error 111

Attempt restarting your browser.

Code:
    Apple Menu / Force Quit / finder 'relaunch'

I restarted the computer and time capsule, but to no avail. The other Macs at home (those running Leopard and Snow Leopard) a good backup. It's just my Mac with the lion that does not make backups.

I have exactly the same annoying trouble (error 111) and tried all the obvious methods: Finder relaunching, rebooting the Mac and TC, even check and repair the sparse bundle volume with Disk Utility. That last action seemed to work, nevertheless regrettably after 25 minutes over again saw the infamous fault note.

I imagine this is a extremely irritating bug that should be determined speedily! I completely rely on these backups of my work.

I have the same trouble - identical message, and since then we went to Leon. Nothing seems to work - maybe a full wipe out and backup? (Actually you are concerned that this is going to go out with no backup at all if it does not work?)

I have precisely the equal trouble. Do not know how to solve this trouble. tried contacting apple support team but no response yet from the apple team.

I already had my Macbook pro with Mac os x lion and bought the 2TB time capsule this past weekend. It's a good backup from Sunday, but suddenly today (3 days later) I get the same error 111. I hope a solution is coming soon or I'll have to return this within the return period.

I've been on several different forums and have tried every single suggested solution. I upgraded to OSx Lion about 2 weeks ago and my Time Machine hasn't worked since. None of the suggestions are working that are in this error forum or on the Apple Community forum. Trying to fix:

Time Machine could not complete the backup.
    The backup disk image “/Volumes/xxxxxxxx..... MacBook Pro.sparsebundle” could not be accessed (error 111).

Has anyone actually gotten ahold of someone at Apple to get this fixed?

I was facing the same error but then i have got it work now, the solution that i tried was erasing the time capsule disk using the airport utility, if you want then you can try out the same and see if it is helping you as well.Before you try out the same i wanted to make clear that you will be loosing old backup.Best of luck

I have had the same issue error message although my reads....The backup disk image “/Volumes/Data-1/theresas-mac.sparsebundle” is already in use.... have been unable to resolve this issue. Erasing TM with Airport Utility has not worked. Has anyone found a solution?

Quote Originally Posted by Theresa8481 View Post
    I have had the same issue error message although my reads....The backup disk image “/Volumes/Data-1/theresas-mac.sparsebundle” is already in use.... have been unable to resolve this issue. Erasing TM with Airport Utility has not worked. Has anyone found a solution?
    Can you try to unplug the Airport Extreme with the hard drive if you have and then plug it again and check if the error gets resolved?