Thread: After installing Mac OS X Lion, admin has access to certain application files only

After installing Mac OS X Lion, admin has access to certain application files only

Found to have administrative access to only certain files of the application. Those who allow read access, for example (iWeb.app): "Reading and Writing System =" "admin = read-write", "everyone = read only"), while those who do not read, for example (iTunes. app): "everyone = custom", "system = read and write," "wheel = read", "everyone = read"). I also found that, despite being blocked as a file manager application, the option to edit "name and extension" to the application files is always gray. My question is how I am able to get back my administrator privileges to all files of the application. By the way, I have permissions verify (result: "Library / Preferences / com.apple.alf.plist" must be 80, group is 0) and repair, nevertheless did not modify something in my admin access.

Re: After installing Mac OS X Lion, admin has access to certain application files only

You cannot forever go by what is on the list, particularly for system files. If you are the administrator user has control over them. You be able to remove or rename them if you want. That would break the system so I do not know why you would want to do that.

Do not rename any of those files. Nothing good will come out of it. Ensuring a leg when lion 10.7.1 update once more. Here is one of the campaign, many with "Lion 10.7.1 killed my machine."

Re: After installing Mac OS X Lion, admin has access to certain application files only

Your observation is not the point. I do not want to mess with applications, but have full administrator access back to them as I used to have in Snow Leopard. So, how I can fix the trouble?

Of course, I am the admin. And no, I have no control over them. As you are able to observe in my initial message, some applications do not list me as an administrator, whereas, under Snow Leopard, all applications did. An instance: the alternative to edit "Name and Extension" of the application files is always gray. So, once again.

I learned that some users have various permissions problems after installation of the Lion, but I'm sure what course of action to follow to solve the problem and the need for some concrete information.

Not a trouble and need not be rectified. If there is a problem at all, is that some applications are still written by the management group. It would be better if they were not. You do not want your applications to change without notice. If you are changing, we can assume root privileges.

I can take his word for it, Linc, and leave it at that. Thanks for the tip on the root - I found instructions on how to do it and make use of it if necessary.

Just to clarify, I did not mean that you should enable root logins and log in as root. As a member of management, you can do whatever you want with root privileges when needed.

For example, if you drag one of the real estate applications to the trash, you are asked for admin password. Upon entering it, the transaction - which requires root privileges - will take place. You do not need the root account for this.

Go to terminal and type:
    Code:
     sudo chown -R root:system /Applications
    sudo chmod -R 775 /Applications

But what do the above commands? Also, since I'm running OS X Lion, the cache folder in the library is not home / user, but Macintosh HD / Library. Is it right? Please let me know.

Unfortunately there are more people in these forums and the world as a whole who would like to give advice that they are qualified to give. This is especially true when there are no real consequences of giving bad advice.

The first does nothing except produce an error, because it is meaningless. The second screw up the permissions of everything in the Applications folder.

First, it changes the owner of the root and the group to the system, to which belong all the admin users. The second makes the group is able to have full standing. Try it. It works very well.

Or you can set the owner of your user name instead of the roots, as some people do not like using the root of anything.I am not making claims not here to insult anyone or level of knowledge or experience. Ad hominem attacks are the hallmark of non-logical.