Thread: E-mu 0404 usb interface unable to work in Mac OS X Lion

E-mu 0404 usb interface unable to work in Mac OS X Lion

It worked fine in OS X 10.6. If I try to open E-mu control panel gave me the note. There is no software support for power PC?

Re: E-mu 0404 usb interface unable to work in Mac OS X Lion

Quote Originally Posted by Hasrat$ View Post
    It worked fine in OS X 10.6. If I try to open E-mu control panel gave me the note. There is no software support for power PC?
    Because Lion is not compatible with software written for Power PC. Check with the manufacturer of the device and distinguish if you have a layout Lion manager.

I have the same trouble; MIDI input works, but not the audio. I'm actually in a fright about it! is our only option to downgrade back to Snow Leopard? -Assuming no driver provided by em-u .So far nothing .

Quote Originally Posted by Emiliana View Post
    I have the same trouble; MIDI input works, but not the audio. I'm actually in a fright about it! is our only option to downgrade back to Snow Leopard? -Assuming no driver provided by em-u .So far nothing .
    Yes. I was in a panic as well, so I did a full clean downgrade back to Snow Leopard. There was another trouble too. Didn’t work in email. Now I'm back in Snow leopard and happy. Everything works fine

Worth trying to install the beta driver and boot Snow Leopard 32-bit mode? I would try that as a last attempt when I got home tonight.

I wonder if Apple will present us our money. Lion trash

Quote Originally Posted by Evoldo View Post
    Worth trying to install the beta driver and boot Snow Leopard 32-bit mode? I would try that as a last attempt when I got home tonight.

I wonder if Apple will present us our money. Lion trash
    I endeavor to install Snow Leopard Beta driver (June 2010), nevertheless also write for PowerPC .I write an electronic message to the creative support for this matter and wait for reply .Will not leave back to Snow Leopard.

I do not perceive that this is the fault of Lion. Creative should not make use of the code that is not Mac native code for 6 years. It only worked under Leopard, for the reason that Rosetta is an emulator. Completion of the drivers for a complicated sound card through an emulation layer is entirely incompetent. Creative should have rewritten their drivers for years and know many, a lot of months ago that Lion does not hold up Rosetta and consequently their drivers PowerPC.

Creative have left down here, not Apple. 6 years of legacy support is more than enough, the software has to spend to take advantage of the most recent technology, have not in them once more to support companies lazy. If you go to the Creative site will still are announcing the Snow Leopard beta driver! It is extremely uncomfortable for them to be so at the back the state of the art.

I suggest you write to Creative and complain about the lack of foresight in not re-write drivers that were written for an art architecture used by macs in 2005.

Today I received Email from support Team.

This is just to inform you that the E-MU will continue to support products that are being distributed on the basis of the operating system settings that were obtainable at the time of original shipment. E-MU will not support the new-fangled drivers for new-fangled versions of operating system from Apple or Microsoft.

Meanwhile, work is to start 32 mode using terminal commands as follows
    Code:
     systemsetup-i386 sudo setkernelbootarchitecture
    You probably need to reinstall the drivers again. To re-use 64-bit mode:
    Code:
    systemsetup-setkernelbootarchitecture sudo x86_64

At the moment (October 14, 2011), it seem that Creative has released EMU 0404 drivers for Mac os x lion.