Thread: Is there any way to remove icons from Launchpad that do not have "X" in Mac OS X Lion

Is there any way to remove icons from Launchpad that do not have "X" in Mac OS X Lion

If no "X", how I be able to remove the icon without having to withdraw the application in Mac O X lion?

Re: Is there any way to remove icons from Launchpad that do not have "X" in Mac OS X Lion

Finder> Applications. Pull the application from the Applications folder, and should not come into view in Launchpad.

Re: Is there any way to remove icons from Launchpad that do not have "X" in Mac OS X Lion

The "X" is only for purchased applications to MAS. Using it eliminates the Launchpad application and the Applications folder.

The Launchpad has icons for all applications, including aliases elsewhere in the application folder and its subfolders.

That's what Launchpad was intended to do, demonstrate all applications. You can set in a folder and haul Launchpad to the last page.

Or, if the applications work appropriately from outside the Applications folder, just leave.if any further doubt than let me know .

Quote Originally Posted by Evoldo View Post
    That's what Launchpad was intended to do, demonstrate all applications. You can set in a folder and haul Launchpad to the last page.

Or, if the applications work appropriately from outside the Applications folder, just leave.if any further doubt than let me know .
    There seems to be a still working to remove them. However, you can take all the trash and pick up in folders and then ignore the folders full of garbage.

It was planned to be as the IOS interface. When you remove an application from the iPhone, iPhone or iPod, its icon disappears from the display IOS. Launchpad is that replica.

It appears that only in the application model purchased at the Mac App Store. Applications installed in the traditional way, not deleted, or their icons to be removed, except for the fact delete the application at hand.

You're missing the point of the model. The "X" thing does not really matter. They are trying to model anything in the application folder will be replicated in Launchpad, if purchased in the MAS or not.

If you delete the application from your Mac, is in Launchpad, as if the application is deleted from your iPhone.

Imagine the amount of screaming would have been if Apple had applied the "X" option for all your installed applications and people begin to lucid the Launchpad icons merely to find out later that were actually

I imagine you are receiving a little approved away by this. I can observe the point that the icon is present for applications in the folder, on the other hand. Like the iPhone and iTouch, this can get rid of .still available on my Mac, if I chose to use it again.

It's a extremely easy demand I have, and give pleasure to note that I'm asking for the "icon" not to be detached from the application.

I do not want this issue to become a debate of any kind, or hiking. If you cannot do, okay. I'll put in a ticket for an update or something.

Following these steps to clean Launchpad

1. Go to support the user / Library / Application / dock
    2. Garbage in the file. Db
    3. Reset

For everyone who does not want to muck around with terminal commands or key combinations that do not work.

Here is a simple and free application to remove / restore items Launchpad by clicking. Just search for zoltanb Launchpad cleaner.

Here's a tip for people using steam, the manager of games and online store .Steam stores shortcuts to applications on the users Applications folder. If you delete a game from within steam does not delete the shortcut from the users Applications folder.

You have to remove manually (until the vapor / steam valve can get working properly with the lion, that is).Always keep in mind that Macintosh HD / Applications is not only in the Applications folder displayed in Launchpad. Folder application user is also represented.