Thread: Unable to copy files in Mac OS X Lion

Unable to copy files in Mac OS X Lion

I am having some bizarre troubles copying files to Lion in a new-fangled facility. I can heave files from one drive to another, and the files seem to copy progress dialog is the "ghost" files are displayed in the target window; the copy takes about as extended as you might anticipate for the size of the file.

Re: Unable to copy files in Mac OS X Lion

I have the same troubles, tried to copy and paste from my time capsule, and seem to always having to hang out also the main troubles of slow burning DVD.

I have the same trouble. I attempt to carbon copy the video files from my Imac to the USB drive and frequently end up as the Ghost files. I am able to observe through, nevertheless when I attempt to unlock I have note that the file is used by Mac OS X and cannot be opened. On the other hand, when I endeavor to copy a file from the USB hard disk on your Mac, the backup process seems to work normally, nevertheless when finished, the file is imperceptible, gone!

To my opinion, seems to be a serious mistake because this again and reported once more in many forums.

It only happens when it comes to copy by exhausted or using keyboard shortcuts. If the copy through the application - or photo junction opening or saving Photoshop then it works fine .nevertheless now my entire workflow is broken down! How can something as easy as copying the files will not work?

Copying files from one machine to another via wifi is super slow. PLS apple fixes all these issues. Also published until the music to my iTunes copying has dimmed in the playlist, but not the copy. It takes 2 or 3 times of different music and finally the records and copies of the last three albums. But it happens often. Could be the same trouble as described in this topic - my iTunes library on an external drive located.

I have exactly the same trouble when I try to copy files to and from my hard drive, the whole thing seems fine, nevertheless at the end the no file transfer .

Identical trouble. Running on Macbook, Macbook Pro and Mac Pro, and the trouble is consistent on all machines.90% of the time, the print. Work, as optional with the terminal is an explanation, and if you attempt to copy between computers on a network, I suggest you permit Ssh and use a program like Cyberduck, managed file transfer, through SFTP.

This is by far one of the biggest mistakes Apple in a while. How can an operating system, about 10.7 reviews show so much trouble with something as simple as copying the file?

Quote Originally Posted by Olenka View Post
    Identical trouble. Running on Macbook, Macbook Pro and Mac Pro, and the trouble is consistent on all machines.90% of the time, the print. Work, as optional with the terminal is an explanation, and if you attempt to copy between computers on a network, I suggest you permit Ssh and use a program like Cyberduck, managed file transfer, through SFTP.

This is by far one of the biggest mistakes Apple in a while. How can an operating system, about 10.7 reviews show so much trouble with something as simple as copying the file?
    You are right Thomas! I've never seen anything like it with a new Apple operating system. Sometimes a few small troubles, but never as important issues like this. I feel like I have migrated to Vista!

Yes, I am going to insert people who have this trouble. I have a 1TB hard drive associated to our PS3 movies, and the other day I required to add a number of further movies, and remove a folder, and we could not do anything.

He attempt to do innovative, with his Macbook Pro and install fresh Lion, and could not. Then, I attempt to do by means of my Macbook Pro and clean install lion, and guess what, I could not do moreover. I managed to acquire the file we desire to wipe my trash bin though, nevertheless then I realized I wanted to save the files in that folder, so I tried to retrieve the file on your hard disk, but are not garbage, and then I tried to get the file on the desktop, and did not move well.

I just had the same trouble. A copy of files from an external USB drive seems to absolute, but the file disappears immediately from the target location. Using cp in the terminal is working appropriately.

Go to login to your guest account and attempt to repeat their actions, copied to the desktop or from the desktop to the USB drive, etc, if this works, then you might have troubles logging on to your most important account.

If so delete: com.apple.finder.plist.lockfile com.apple.finder.plist and preferences of your account and must be determined. As these are merely preferences to be re-created. establish over and attempt again with your main account.