Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

LDAP Password authentication not working on Mac OS X Lion

Operating Systems

Old 14-10-2011

LDAP Password authentication not working on Mac OS X Lion

I am able to configure the LDAP connection for importing the User and Groups from the Mac OS X. It seems to me that I am not able to use password for my Lion root. This problem arriving on system after upgraded Mac OS X to 10.7 and I think this upgrade task is harmful to this authentication. I can notice every users of the LDAP server listed in the directory service. Before upgrade process the authentication works perfectly. Now it gives problem. Then help me to fix this issue. Thanks in advance for any help.

Old 14-10-2011

Re: LDAP Password authentication not working on Mac OS X Lion

You need to use the below mentioned technique to fix this issue. In that you can skipped code and rootDomainNamingContext and set the authentication setting as follows:
Quote:
Set objDSObj = GetObject ("LDAP:")
Set objAuth = objDSObj.OpenDSObject("LDAP://domain.com/rootDSE", strDomainUser, strPassword, 1)
This will be work to properly use an LDAP server on your Mac OS X system for authentication. Try this and locate the result onto it. This setting has been necessary for the getting and setting object of the authentication process.
Old 14-10-2011

As per the problems I recommends users "deactivate LDAP authentication for critical services" to avoid LDAP problems. This is the way that will be avoids such authenticating problem on system and in response it fix such complicated problems onto it. Macs running OS X 10.7 can access controlled network resources using any password at all when LDAP is used for authentication. Hence this will be necessary for doing the complicated task onto it. if you provide access permission to all the application then you can perform all the necessary task in well manner.
Old 14-10-2011

If you use LDAP for authentication, and you have clients using 10.7 ?Lion? then this is a pretty big deal. This Authentication is a process that uses a bit of information provided by the user to confirm the identity of that user. You could apply Microsoft Active Directory server instead of Penn State's central LDAP server. This is restricted solution of the authentication problem.

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , , , ,