Thread: what is factory Image drive ?

what is factory Image drive ?

Hi, I have a HP’s notebook in which yesterday I was trying to install a program and got the message saying the memory is full, but the actual thing is like I've only use a small fraction of my 4 gig HP drive. But apart from this the unexpected thing was like I see there is something called the "factory image drive" about 2 GB and which was almost full.

What is that drive actually used for, am I having any problem installing program because of that drive? any explanation would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Re: what is factory Image drive ?

I am not sure about this but when I was searching the same I came to know that It's more or less a replica of Windows together with any other software that arrived pre-installed on your computer. It's there so you can unswervingly recover your computer from it or, better up till now burn a set of recovery disks from which you can restore your computer should you ever come across enormous corruption, malware attack, or hardware stoppage and have to start over. Once you write a set of recovery disks, and make sure they work, you may reformat that division and exercise it for supplementary storage if you desire.

At some extent I have the same opinion as the above user but still you can have many other option over here. I mean to say as you are prompting as you don’t have sufficient space prior to install any program and that’s why you should try to install it in another driver rather than the one you have already tried, because see if the drive in which you are attempting to install Is full then surely either you have to delete the data from that drive or simply you cannot install on that drive, and that’s is why you should try to install it in another drive.

Are you having problem installing those program on another driver as well though they are enough empty? If so then I think you should try to call up HP support for further assistance.

yeah I have tried to install it within another drive but still it just keep trying to install it on the driver which is full, how do I change the path ?

- This is really wired, but still which program you are trying to install because there is always a option called custom install on each and every program, so when you click on that you’ll get an option to set the path where the program will install.

So have you tried any such option yet ? if not then I would say you should try to install it again and read each and every steps carefully you’ll surely get some option to change the installation path.

it was so good after seeing this but as you have mentioned that I can burn this all recovery programs to the disk, but I am completely dummy to this. So can you please mentioned any stepwise procedure so that I can simply do it by go through that.

And apart from this can you please let me know can I erase this drive in order to use it for my personal use? Because whichever drives I have installed in the machine are almost full, and I think that’s why I am not able to install that program in the machine.

Any off course thanks for the suggestions.

I have done the thing which you are about to do, and off course you can erase the driver but before that it is always better to keep back of those programs.

You can simply have all the stepwise procedure and instruction in the attached file, thus just download it from here.
    Attached Files Attached Files