Thread: App Store working too slow in OS X Lion

App Store working too slow in OS X Lion

After install Lion in my Mac i observed that the App Store is extremely slow. It takes a propos 30 seconds of "rotating colored disc thinking" each occasion a page has to be loaded! I have first installed OS X Lion by the use of Mac App Store but due to freezing issue I again re-installed by the use of DVD. Now the App Store is extremely slow. The internet connection is fine because I have double checked it. I have seen permissions, and I have not installed excessively lots of apps up till now. What would be the issue?

Re: App Store working too slow in OS X Lion

It was the first time I used the Appstore in Lion. So I click on the buy button and the Lion jumps on a large bow in my dock. Then the sobering: The download rate varies between 100 and 200 KB / s. Phew, that can last for a total size of 3.5GB. Now we have reached the age of diskless operating system purchase, to download the same moment seems to take longer than I'd pick up a DVD to walk in the nearest Apple Store.

Many users reported after the switch to OS X Lion, you that the Mac App Store is unbearably slow. Each new page takes some load more than 20 seconds to load. For this problem there is now an easy and quick solution. To do this, navigate to Applications and then Utilities. There looks to the Keychain Access. Here in the last tab under Settings certificates are now only needs to provide the CRL setting to off. After the next reboot of the Mac App Store should now be used to run everything smoothly.

You have to use something (like, the activity monitor, the command text-top, what you want) to monitor the activity of the machine and try to see what process takes too many resources.

Once I was able to install yet full of anticipation at RELEASETAG OSX Lion, I noticed right away that the new Mac App Store has clearly lost speed. Unfortunately, long the store no longer used. Somehow, was clear that I had to rummage in the short or long there again. So I assumed the problem. The workaround is relatively simple. You only have a so-called "Certificate Revocation List" disable CRL shortly. How it works:
    • Mac Apps gates close.
    • > Open Keychain Access - Programs -> Utilities.
    • then click or "CMD +" to open the settings in the Keychain Access.
    • Certificates in the third rider eventually disable the CRL.
    • Mac Apps gates open again and have fun.

It is unclear why, but for some users with OS X Lion installed the Mac App Store is very slow. The program is constantly loaded with the icon of the beach ball. Expected to be a bug or an underlying problem with the backend of the 'App Store, so Apple will probably with a fix or an update to resolve this problem, but in the meantime I found a couple of suggestions to help resolve the problems:
    • Clear the cache
    • To change a security setting.