Thread: Need a utility similar to control userpasswords2 in Windows 7

Need a utility similar to control userpasswords2 in Windows 7

Hello friends , I am using Dell desktop system, first i was working on Windows xp operating system ,then after that I upgraded the machine and intstalled Windows 7 in it, but I a searching for a utility that is related user accounts and credentials , I just wanted to know that is there any other utility that has replaced the "control userpasswords2" utility in the Windows 7 operating system . Please reply , I will appreciate if you post your comment on this.

Re: Need a utility similar to control userpasswords2 in Windows 7

Well if you ask me , no other such utility has replaced the control userpasswords2 utility in the Windows 7 operating system , there are two methods to run it , one is that you will need to press the Windows key along with R and then go to your desired location and the otherwise you can got o start then in search , there you will be able to locate netplwiz .

Yes I too believe that this is a very useful tool concealed away in the Windows directory is a detached utility that can be used to carry out certain user administration tasks not provided in the regular interface. You need not type the name of the utility you can simply add the control userpasswords2 into the control panel and then you can navigate it from there once you have added an icon for it.

Well if talked about Windows XP operating system I think its Professional edition comes with multiple ways to manage the user accounts and its credential . However, it keeps one mostly concealed. This is the main use of the Control Userpasswords2, and it can be utilized to automatically login in the Windows XP Professional operating system, but since you are using windows 7 it is available in there as well , but I am not aware about any alternative tool available in it.

The control userpasswords2 you are talking about helps you to directly Bootup the Windows without and for that you need not type the password . You just follow the given steps for that :
    • In the command prompt, you will have to type "control userpasswords2" and it will open the xp in 2000 style application.
    • When you reach the Users tab, clear the you should give A User Name And Password To make use of this Computer check box and then
    • select OK.
    • In the dialog box you need to type in the user account and password.

Well, incase if the "control userpasswords2" utility in Windows 7 is not available to many users on Windows 7, then all they have to do is run it with the below command:
    • WinKey+R > control userpasswords2
    • Start > Search > netplwiz

You can also add the "control userpasswords2" as an icon in your Control Panel by some registry hacks. However, I was not able to find any alternative utility similar to "control userpasswords2" for windows 7.
    DFI LANPARTY SLI-DR
    AMD 64 x2 4800+
    OCZ (2 x 512) DDR600

I am not sure about control userpasswords2 but there is a utility called as User Account Manager which you can use for this purpose. You can use this for managing user account sin Windows and is also very helpful for server. You can import users via csv. I am not sure that there is a exact similar tool which can control user accounts in Windows. You have to do that with Windows utility only.