Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

After Lion recovery update and MAC 10.7.2 update "Find my Mac" is not available

Operating Systems

Old 14-10-2011

After Lion recovery update and MAC 10.7.2 update "Find my Mac" is not available

I have updated the system with MCA OS X Lion and after updating the system It has started giving me problems. Now after updating the system when I sign in the iCoude at that time "Find My Mac" option was grayed out and it was giving me message that I have "Recovery system update required". Please tell me how to fix this issue?

Old 14-10-2011

Re: After Lion recovery update and MAC 10.7.2 update "Find my Mac" is not available

According you are facing this problem because of the recovery update which have installed has not installed properly and which is causing the issue. To fix this problem you have to install the Recovery System Update again and after that your problem will get solved.
Old 14-10-2011

Re: After Lion recovery update and MAC 10.7.2 update "Find my Mac" is not available

thanks for helping me as you have mentioned that I have to reinstall the Recovery System Update again but when I get the message regarding the Recovery System Update at that time it give me button which open the software update manager but when I open it at that time there is no option for the reinstalling the Recovery System Update.

Please let me know what should I do to reinstall the Recovery System Update.
Old 14-10-2011

To reinstall the Recovery System Update you have to follow these steps. First you have to run Disk Utility in your system and after running the Disk Utility you have to verify the disk. now after that you will notice some errors and those errors will require to restart to the recovery partition. now after restarting it you have to run the Disk Utility from there only and then you have to repair the disk. now after repairing the Disk you have to restart with the main partition in your system and after restarting with the main partition in the system you have to check run Repair Permissions from Disk Utility. Now after that you have to install the Recovery System Update in your system again and after doing that your problem will surly get solved. Now you will get the Find in Mac option again. if you need any more help regarding this then please let me know.
Old 14-10-2011

as you have mentioned the steps regarding the reinstalling Recovery System Update in my system and after that I have repair the system and that I have reinstall the Recovery System Update in my system and after trying that my problem get solved.

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , , , , ,