Thread: Unable to view PDF document after updating the Mac OS X Lion v10.7 giving error "plug-in missing"

Unable to view PDF document after updating the Mac OS X Lion v10.7 giving error "plug-in missing"

Since I have updated my machine I am unable to open the PDF document on my machine its giving me the error of ” plugin missing’ and I have no idea is it what to do about this . I am trying to finish my paper for master but now I as kind of stuck in the middle as the library website won’t work without the PDF so please guys I need your help here on this problem I would be really glad if someone here can able to assist me to get rid of this problem

Re: Unable to view PDF document after updating the Mac OS X Lion v10.7 giving error "plug-in missing"

Hey can you be more detailed about the web browser that you are using like Safari, Chrome or Firefox ?

Re: Unable to view PDF document after updating the Mac OS X Lion v10.7 giving error "plug-in missing"

I have read somewhere that Plug-in Adobe Reader and Acrobat plug-in is not well-suited with the Safari 5.1 browser that shipped with Mac OS X 10.7 and 10.6 in July 2011. Adobe Acrobat Reader and will carry on to work as separate applications on Mac OS X 10.7 and 10.6, and make PDF documents outside the browser. Also, Safari 5.1 create PDF documents natively. Nevertheless, Adobe Reader and Acrobat plug-ins do not work as anticipated in workflows that require Lifecycle and Acrobat plug-in to render PDF documents in Safari 5.1. so you need the Acrobat plug-in to render PDF documents in Safari browser, Adobe should continue to use Safari 5.0.x and Mac OS X 10.6. We will provide updates as we continue to investigate this matter.

Why don’t you search for the PDF plug in for safari I have done the same and found plug in named Schubert . I make use of electronic databases similar to CINHAL with pdf files open up within safari, with the fresh os x lion update I kept back getting missing plug in from adobe.

it appears simple to install and works upright.

I'm having the similar issue the method worked for me. But should not Safari is able to open pdf files by itself? Why do we require plug-ins? Why not it is possible to open the web. As we did in the previous Mac OS by simply click the link?

It is the confirm bug that is mention by the Apple I think that together Adobe and Apple fix this problem as soon as possible by the way I am having the proble on safari and the Firefox but the Chrome works good enough . thought might be help you

There are really two separate issues with respect to viewing PDF files in web browsers. On one side is the incompatibility problem you have with the Adobe PDF Reader Plugin on OS X 10.7 Lion. Then there is the problem of Safari, where the PDF embedding objects <> and / or <embed> longer works. The problem of Firefox is related to the problem of incompatibility of Adobe.

Chrome has its own PDF viewer plugin, so it works.

It is not the perfect solutions they are just the temporary cure The fact is that Apple has created a major problem by eliminating support for embedding PDF files using the object of the W3C standards and EMBED. Why go the way Microsoft for not respecting the rules and remove support for something as Indeed, the Schubert-IT plug-in is as unstable as nitro, Os X Lion, at least.