Thread: Disconnected from our CIFS Server with Mac OS X Lion v10.7

Disconnected from our CIFS Server with Mac OS X Lion v10.7

We make use of a ZFS base NexentaStor v3.5 Server at the office as our file server. I upgraded a machines to Mac OS X Lion for the experiment and the machine is at the present unable to connect to the shared volumes via CIFS. It appears that the validation process fails and Mac OS X Lion is unable to examine the accurate user rights on the shares even though you can see the server and mount points. So the fee display in the browser, but with a no entry mark. On a side note, connections to Windows Server 2003 are somewhat corrected. If I use the connection to the server menu applekey – K however a trouble of the action catalog of the browser We do not employ a domain configuration, although only a workgroup configuration I have observe many additional users have issues with CIFS. Any assist on this topic would be really valued.

Re: Disconnected from our CIFS Server with Mac OS X Lion v10.7

I also facing the similar issue and I have no idea what the solution is for this problem but I will surely keep on track on this forum to see if anyone of us having this problem will post any solution

For the moment the simply way to access my server was go-> connect to the server and manually enter the address. as smb: / / 192.168.1.100. It worked for AFP, only samba. If you be familiar with the share name you desire access, you can try to write after the address: smb: / / 192.168.1.100/share_name. Hope it works for you also

Apologetic to be such idiot, but are you certain because Samba has been eliminated in OS X Lion, so you should not mount SMB. The Internet is full of reports that express what will not work with the lion, and that is my knowledge also, and two colleagues who are also trying the same thing at work. Did you install your own Samba on your Mac?

We will have the same problems connecting to a SAN Nexenta. We authentication via a Windows domain. The authentication works as it is riding the point of action, but the permissions are screwed up. I m "do not know where the problem because when you connect through a Mac connected to the domain, although the list ACL displays correctly in these ACL Terminal A must have full rights to this file, you can open, but not change it, and the browser will not let me in the folder at all. A system running 10.6.8 connected to the same SAN as the same user has no problem at all.

altering the name NAS indirect for example, smb: / / NAS-XX-YY-ZZ to NAS Duo Ready , the SMB IP address explicitly for example / / 192.168.111.1 from the Finder Connect to server and then permit you to right of entry a NAS shares (subject to security settings NAS) Hopefully Apple will pay attention to this, although AFP works more often than not, you can (and does) get confused and requires a reboot, where as CIFS is quite reliable.

No, this does not solve the problem. I'm having problems connecting, an authentic and connected well, but for some reason the permissions are upside down. OS X thinks that everything is locked in the action, even thoguh when you check the permissions and ACLs on the terminal that looks correct.

If you can not access the share at all, chances are the subject of DHCP128 authentication method. If you go to the folder closed, go to the terminal and see if you can browse the mounted in / Volumes. If you can the bus is the same as mine.

For me and a lot of people in my office, Lion simply not even tries to mount file shares Windows or NAS . It just shows an error that the file share can not be found. Do not ride, nor was any attempt authentication of the applicant. I've been working with Apple engineering on this subject and it is clearly a problem with the lion, which is why the type of first level support from Apple that is handling my case referred this issue to an engineer.