Thread: SMTP server of MobileMe is going offline

SMTP server of MobileMe is going offline

I am consultant and I need to have many e mail accounts for work. Now I have 11 e mail accounts through various e serviced like Gmail, AOL, Exchange, etc. now I am having problem with the MobileMe My outgoing messages are stuck in sending mode and the check, I think the SMTP server is offline. I re-enter the password information, try checking and unchecking SSL etc, sometimes works and sometimes not. I recently upgraded to lithium ions, but can not say for sure that the problem began with the update, but it is too recent a phenomenon I had noticed before. MobileMe is my most used mailbox.

Re: SMTP server of MobileMe is going offline

I was having the similar issue since upgrading to Lion, the SMTP server Mobile Me is going online. Sometimes I can get back online, only to leave again. I'm not sure it's a lion or changes that Apple could have done more or less for the suspension Mobile Me. Obviously, since no one has responded to his message despite a series of view anyone appear to have an answer

E-mail is completely untrustworthy, because the update of the Lion in the main machine. When it stops working if that means you can not send mail downloads just fine , I have a perfect internet connection, and reports connecting Doctor Connecting and successfully access the server and the message saying, Huston, we have a problem smtp.me.com kit try to log into the SMTP account. Check username and password are correct or correct course they are. Very annoying, and yesterday the opening of this necessary, copying and mailing me.com, a huge timewaster for time-critical responses.

Hey I have solution for this problem may be this help on your problem
    I contact Apple support and was shown the fix. The tech admitted that there are a few troubles with Mail and Lion. Here's what I required to do:

• Confirm there are no messages queued in the Outbox
    • Now just Quit Mail
    • Now Open System Preferences but not the preference in Mail, Calendar, or Address Book
    • On that Go to Mail, Contacts, and Calendars
    • In that Delete any Mobile Me items
    • Now Quit System Preferences
    • Now Open System Preferences
    • Just Go to Mail, Contacts, and Calendars and then just add your Mobile Me account
    • Now Launch Mail and see if its works

now this process worked on my computer hope your problem will also solve by this

This look like the workable solution I have followed it and Internet connected to the Mail successfully Mail took about two minutes to send the message, but in the meantime Connection Inspector reported that the SMTP server was not found, please check username and PW, then Message sent, but the doctor still Connection reports that address to my Mac smtp.me.com email still cannot be found. Impression that our point Mac accounts are being transferred to the icloud, and is now out of date me.com addresses that is problematic. Being a very slow service at a reasonably fast connection here, certainly not viable. Meanwhile, I am redirecting the point MAC address of Gmail, and very enjoyable experience.

Sad to take notice of that. I sent the first message did not take a little long, but later processed quickly. It was the Day Two and I'm still running well. I had the "SMTP server could not be found" error during the prelaunch. I was pleasantly surprised with the response from Apple support team. I used the Express Lane service which is a line of chat, but what does "talk" to a real human being. You may want to go that way too. I can not speculate on whether me.com is in the process of being transferred to iCloud. Admission was only one problem that I noted in my message.

I hope this might assist just go to the mail I think you all know Mail Preferences if you uncheck Use simply this server, you can use any outgoing mail server with MobileMe. The individual servers may start some might allow you to use them to send mail from dissimilar account

I fail to remember to mention the following When you add the me.com account in this method, its do not check the box Use SSL box that you need to do as part of the process. See if this helps. While I do not want to go any potential response to different email account - I return to my me.com account. I have a local SMTP server configured, so I use as an emergency, but it is not a solution for me either.

No matter what the server sends you mail. Mail sent from Thurs XYZ has SMTP mail server appear to come from ABC XYZ and all responses will be sent to XYZ. The only exception I know Gmail is if you use their outgoing mail servers, the envoy of the will to change the email account associated with the Gmail outgoing server