Thread: OS X Lion TextEdit only for editing TXT files.

OS X Lion TextEdit only for editing TXT files.

I am very happy with the latest autosave/version "aspect", TextEdit won't allow you save like whichever additional file type than .txt. Just attempt editing HTML file within TextEdit! and Hit command+s, otherwise just close the file thus it saves lone and your superb html file extension is altered to .txt. No issue what you attempt to carry out; it will for all time modify the file extension. I didn’t not understand what kind of feature is this?

Re: OS X Lion TextEdit only for editing TXT files.

This new mechanism is important to know because with auto-save all your changes are automatically stored. Although the closure is no longer the classic popup, because the default action is to save. It is no longer possible to open a document and then save it as work because then the changes will have been saved over the original. That's why it becomes important to "Duplicate".

With Lion, TextEdit is a further step in order to be considered a good word processor for people without the need of having to use the hundreds of features in Office Word or Apple Pages.

You know that does not save praise to Apple when I feel just the way that it undertakes. In this case, however, are skeptical. As the Preview and TextEdit I think I could easily get used to, in exchange for the benefits of AutoSave and versions. But I fear the moment when you get to a similar paradigm also affect professional applications such as Photoshop. Probably it is the change in routine that the user is unwilling to accept, no matter what it is. Preview and TextEdit Yet more I look, the more convinced I become so great that simply does not fit the needs of people with computers need to productivity and efficiency.