Thread: OS X Lion freezes while trying to Login

OS X Lion freezes while trying to Login

My MacBook Pro just upgraded with OS X Lion. Right away after the installation I have rebooted the system. Now the login screen appears. Here I get stuck. The problem is Login screen freezes. I couldn’t able to do anything, not even the system is responding to me. So I have restarted the system by directly cutting the power. Now the system again booted and I can able to login properly. So the issue comes occasionally. If it get freezes, the only option for me is hard-reboot.

Re: OS X Lion freezes while trying to Login

I also have this problem on my new iMac (the 2011 Sandy Bridge). After updating to the Lion is now happening to me 2x and I could not be verified until now. That with the rest I will now test the same time...

Mac is always a good idea to problems like this (or many others related to the start of the user account or software problems) but it is always a great idea to have the Terminal icon in the Dock as troubleshooting tool. One possible solution to your problem is that the bin file is corrupt your username and strength this endless cycle. The solution is to delete it to be recreated by the system (and exit the Loop in the Finder). But check first that folder, it is called. Trash is available to your users, because the command that we will give you, yes. Trash is not, you can delete all your user folder.

I have also had problems with Lion. There are still too many bugs in the system which will automatically create a lot of mistakes. Now I wanted to ask you once, simply enumerate the bugs here for you can possibly find another solution. So we have in effect a summary of everything Lion bugs and you can help each other than to fix errors. As long as Apple still does not update, you have to get help from others.

After some time of not going through the forum, just re-read. Actually I have no news and I still have this problem. For the moment I'm waiting for the update 10.7.2 Lion has new drivers for the Nvidia GT 330M graphics So far I have chosen to install gfxcardstatus and force the system to use only integrated graphics, which have "solved" the problem, at least no longer hangs. Clearly not a solution, I'm not using my software layoff MBP or functionality of exchanging plates in automatic form ... I say that we are many who have this problem, if you look on the internet is full of claims, including the Apple website there are thousands of users have reported this problem

I managed to solve the problem. While it is true that there is a hardware problem is an incompatibility between the Lion and the graphics card, and is resolved by changing the plate. I looked in foreign forums and had cases of people who had solved the case. I went to an Apple store and got me to make the switch and enter into the warranty. Much depends on the employee who will attend.

Not only in Apple's own forum, the user complaints pile up on Macs with OS X Lion, the freeze on waking from sleep, in the login screen or when playing videos. The new iMacs seem to be affected by the problems in May 2011 as well as MacBook Pros. Both iMac and MacBook Pros are running OS X Lion at the awakening from sleep difficulties. In Apple's own forum is a discussion of crashes in OS X Lion is now too tight to 400 posts. The developers already released 10.7.2 update to OS X Lion could afford a remedy. After he Lion, Flash and Java had installed several times without success again, a reader reports in his commentary on the message, since the beta version of 10.7.2 are the problems with the video-fixed in the debug mode decaying graphics card.

Mac OS X Lion, although it is a great operating system, is also quite unstable and sometimes it can make sudden crash. The crash is the worst Kernel Panic, in fact, when this happens, the Mac freezes and remains on the screen, reports the problem.

Something happens to me is troubling me. I have a Mid 2010 MacBook Pro i7 install Lion and since everything was perfect until I started with this problem: having two or three applications open, anything that consumes too many resources such as mail, a browser and control mission excel to activate my screen suddenly mac turns black and the only way is to turn off and turn from the button.

At Mac also happens to be blocked, frozen or hang, often after a few seconds everything returns to normal, sometimes you can spend hours waiting and never returns to normal, and eventually decide to restart your computer when you convinced that you are wasting your time

With the new option "Restart automatically if the computer crashes" no longer have to decide whether to restart or not, and that Lion will do it, to set this up you must go to "System Preferences" -> "Energy Saver" and mark the checkbox for the option labeled "Restart automatically if the computer crashes." this does not have to worry about restarting again for you or not, and Mac OS X when it restarts sales reopens you had open.