Thread: OS X Lion excessive Memory Usage

OS X Lion excessive Memory Usage

Does anyone know that for what reason the Lion using full 4GB of RAM running Mail, Safari (2 tabs), as well as iTunes? Snow Leopard was awful as much as necessary at managing memory, eating up each obtainable byte and Lion looks to be randomly using still further RAM. Windows 7 has zero issues handling RAM, there's no cause OS X shouldn't be capable grip memory correctly. Can anyone tell me why apple is not working on it?

Re: OS X Lion excessive Memory Usage

To all my computers I've installed Lion, I suffer from high CPU activity and memory usage by various system processes. Result: slow computer and a lot of beach balls. Sometimes the Mac responds slowly, as when opening a search in Spotlight or Safari. Then the first letter of the entered search until after the fourth or fifth keystrokes. Extremely annoying and frustrating.

Firefox updated to version 7 on all supported platforms, reducing memory consumption on OS X and increasing the speed of loading web browsing.

Safari Web Content is a sandbox subprocess of Safari that runs the entire Web rendering. If you have a few dozen tabs open at once, it might create sense intended for the subprocess to utilize that much RAM, except I saw huge amounts of RAM usage, still with merely three otherwise four tabs open. Four pages must not eat above a gigabyte of RAM. lots of people knee-jerk response was to flash blaming the extreme memory usage, except this is not the case, Flash runs as its individual detach process and has not anything to accomplish through the "Safari Web Content" process otherwise have run away RAM usage . Browsers are rather intensive and conducive to being overweight, it is good policy to leave / restart from time to time

We could list one by one all the little flaws in Mac OS X Lion, but in the end, this update is refreshing and heralds a new direction that Apple fully engulfed with excessive at times, as was the case at the beginning Mac OS X Aqua. In use, Lion is very nice. The animal is also reactive with either a Mac or art with a computer that is beginning to have a few years, if still have 4 GB of RAM. Apple has done everything in fact to give a sense of fluidity to its OS multiplying effects when identified.

Apple's new operating system (OS X 10.7, better known as Lion) contains a lot of bugs. That in itself is not very strange, but there are times when I regret that I have Lion immediately after hatching it installed. My Macs regularly respond very slowly and the new features I do not use.