Thread: Unable to quit safari on OS X Lion v10.7

Unable to quit safari on OS X Lion v10.7

Hey guys I was facing the problem for two days now I have White Macbook 13-inch, mid-2010 which is running on OS X Lion v10.7 latest software update and my safari is also the most latest version but yet my safari is not quitting . Command-Q will not working, and the Safari menu has the button 'Quit Safari' in gray. Pc refuses to restart or shut down until Safari closes, it will not happen when you click on shut down or Restart The only way out is to hit safari Option + Command + Escape, which brings up the Force Quit menu. Brought this problem to the Genius Bar Apple Store, and all I did was force to quit and report the problem to Apple but something tells me it will not do much about it. What I can do to prevent this problem from happening?

Re: Unable to quit safari on OS X Lion v10.7

I hope the apple aware about this issue and had it sort out mine is the same problem which is very serious. I also have OS X 10.7 Lion On my 13" MacBook now, using Safari 5.1, Safari option to exit is gray intermittently no way out of the application. Command - Q beeps just me. Trying to shut down or restart dialog appears "Safari has canceled Shut Down". But that's not the worst. I did not try command - option - escape, but I did a hard reset. After hard reboot, Safari opens again and re-opens a window for every page I visited in the story. Several times this has happened, but not all the time. Sometimes quit Safari is available and works well. But what worries me most is that one of these times I could have bought something online, and when you reopen Safari browsing history all my hundreds of windows, you may end up making financial transactions over again. Very serious mistake! Be set and put in the next automatic update. if you are having this same problem I found another useful interim measure. In addition to command + option + escape, which I will try next time, you can also go to Safari Reset and click the Open box Close All Windows to delete your browser history to open. However, this only gets Safari back to a usable state it will not resolve the concern is that financial transactions could be subject to new.

I am also have the exact same problem it works on my MacBook Pro 2010 but in 2007 MacBook it don’t work . I feel this is really irritating just force quit works on this issue

I was also had this problem and I was able to find the solution apparently Safari was flagged to run as 32-bit but when I removed the 32-bit flag like its now running it in 64-bit mode the problem went away so I suggest you should also try this may be this problem will get solved

Its sound like the perfect cure for this problem but the issue is that mine safari is not flagged to run on the 32 bit mode I think the problem is something else hope this get cured

I am sorry I did forgot to mention that I actually did one more thing about it actually I did one more thing after clear the 32-bit flag , I removed the current icon dock, Safari launched directly from the Applications folder, then re-select to keep Safari on the bench. Of course, it will likely to re-write the preferences file or something. I have not had the issue return since I made these changes.

Mine is fixed I would write a mystery until I read the previous post. Coincidentally I just upgraded the icons on my dock with my custom icons with Candybar and after the update icon in Safari was able to quit once more. Reading the previous post, just wanted to offer more support to the idea that the icon overwrite actually corrects the cause of the trouble.

I have the same problem since I have downloaded the OS X lion . it has nothing but only the tons of problem Mine is SLOVED over time, but every time it closes, it happens again. I get no response nothing in the safari and my homepage will not open. If I go down in history, eventually one of the open source web pages and I have to write on the Google homepage its annoying

Okay 32-bit or else 64-bit don’t appear to be a cause, however get rid of Icon from dock worked for me. Thanks any ways

I have no idea how to get rid of the main problem but yet I can give you the solution to avoid the consequence of may windows To keep away from the trouble of Safari reopening all the windows once more, try removing the Safari Saved application state right after killing safari but previous to you start again it and do this

Quite Safari, as give details above
    Just stare the com.apple.Safari.savedState Folder in the Saved Application State folder in your Library Folder and on there In Finder just go to Menu Go To > Folder or else press Command+Shift+G then put
    Code:
     ~/Library/Saved Application State/com.apple.Safari.savedState
    Remove all the files there data.data, windows.plist
    That it’s just Start Safari

I had an extra problem a lot of disk writes 100 to 200/sec at the time Safari was open. All set on by removing Safari in the Dock and then add it once more.