Thread: In Trial Mode the virtu Control Panel gets stuck

In Trial Mode the virtu Control Panel gets stuck

I am having a MSI Z68A-GD55 (G3) motherboard, Intel Core i5-2500K processor and MSI GTX 570 TwinFrozR graphics card and I am using Windows 7 as my operating system .I have also installed the drivers and the Virtu Control Panel but now when I am opening the Virtu Control Panel it get stuck in the trial mode because of which I am not6 able to change the OSD settings and I am not able to delete the application entry as well. Is there anyone having an idea about it and can help me out. Any suggestion for this will be appreciated.

Re: In Trial Mode the virtu Control Panel gets stuck

You can try the following solutions:
    • Uninstall the Virtu Control Panel
    • Reinstall the Virtu Control Panel
    • Download the drivers directly

But if that does not help then you can try disabling and enabling the Lucid Virtu support on the motherboard and you can also try to put the motherboard in i-Mode and d-Mode.

Even I am facing the same problem and my system information is as followed:
    • Motherboard: MSI Z68A-GD55-G3
    • Motherboard Driver: Intel Chipset Driver 9.2.0.1030
    • Motherboard Chipset: Intel Z68
    • Motherboard BIOS: 23.2
    • CPU: Intel Core i5-2500K 3.30GHz
    • Memory: Corsair XMS3 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 PC3-12800C9 1600MHz Dual Channel
    • Memory Latency: 9-9-9-24
    • PSU: Antec TruePower New Modular 750W
    • Graphics: MSI GeForce GTX 570 OC Twin FrozR III Power Edition
    • Graphics Driver: NVIDIA 280.26 WHLQ
    • Sound Card: Creative X-Fi Xtreme Music
    • Sound Driver: 2.18.0015
    • Operating system: Windows 7 Home Premium x64

Any help will be appreciated.

You can also try the below solution as well:
    • Re-flash your BIOS
    • Clear CMOS
    • Clear all BIOS settings
    • Un-install your AntiVirus software
    • Un-installed the Virtu Control Panel/Driver
    • Reboot and then remove all the traces of Virtu Control Panel from your system and registry
    • Reboot and then Re-install the Virtu Control Panel/Driver

Just try to perform all these and see if it works for you. Best of luck

I think that the License Key would be missing. Even if the Z68A-GD80(B3) & Z68A-GD80(G3) are different from your mainboard but the Virtu operation & software are similar and on the the Z68A-GD80(B3) what I have found is that installing Virtu on this work well without any problem where as on the (G3) its story is not the same as there is no License Key and it is not fully functional as well .I am thinking of copying the license Key from the (B3) board to the (G3) board just to check if it works or not. If it works then I will let you all know.

I have tried to uninstall the Virtu with a uninstaller that has a Toolbar and which is flagged as Spyware and after uninstalling it have reinstalled the Virtu Control Centre but the problem appears to be the same. I have visited some forum and I have found that this problem is because of the missing Certificate/License on the BIOS and it has been fixed with the BIOS updates. If this is true then it is very disappointing I mean how can they miss such a integral feature of the Z68 chipset and now it makes me feel that I should go and return it to the retailer.

I don’t think that there is a need to go to the retailer and get it replaced or get another 1 because I trust them that they will surely solve this out as I have heard that the testing is going on and till the time you can also try the SW App User Guide which basically don’t come with the main board and it is a downloadable PDF version which has a detail and a simple process as well. I will also like to suggest you just to contact the MSI Tech Support with a ticket as there is a better chance to get it solved like that but if you still have a doubt then you can very well go to the retailer and get it replaced by other .

Even I have been facing the same problem so what I did is I did a fresh install of the windows and I did not install any drivers with it and then I used the MSI drivers from the CD this time and I also used the Virtu software from the CD but then I was still having the same problem and recently I have got a LucidLogix in which I have found that the Virtu is licensed from a certificate embedded in the BIOS but then MSI have not yet included it in the BIOS releases.