Thread: XP Home says to Check user name & domain while booting

XP Home says to Check user name & domain while booting

I am using xp home as my operating system and the problem I am facing now is that when I am booting the system I am welcomed with a message saying “System can't logon. Check user name and domain are correct.” And after this when I am click on OK of the error message then it allows me to enter the password and then log in. I have tried to get rid of this error message but it comes every time I boot up I have tried to change the log on settings as well but even it is not helping .Is there anyone who have an idea about this. Any suggestion regarding this will be appreciated.

Re: XP Home says to Check user name & domain while booting

What you can try to do is just create a new user account and just check if it works and if it works then delete the old account and then use the new account you have created but even it behaves the same then let me know for further help and you can also try to make changes in the existing account and try it as well. The very best thing you can try after trying the above solution is that you can use the administrator account and delete all the other account and then try making changes in the administrator account or just create a new administrator account. Hope that helps

I have not heard about the exact problem but I think that you might be getting this error message on the reboot because you computer might have been set to "Autologon" by mistakenly.Where the "Autologon" information would have been incorrect and because of which it is allowing you to log on but the autologon fails.So here what you can do is just try to change the autologon user and password information or you can better try to turn off the autologon .If you are not able to change the autologon setting by yourself then you can just use the TweakUI tool in order to change the autologon setting.Hope that helps

I will suggest you to use the TweakUI because the normal autologon setting is a bit tough because it uses the registry edit because of which you will have to remember the registry key and you will have to be too careful with the registry errors as well but if you will use the TweakUI it will make the process quite simple because it do not used the registry edit .Just follow the below steps:
    Download the TweakUI. And install I in C:\Windows\system32
    Then Navigate it to the C:\Windows\system32 folder, and then just double click in order to run the TweakUI
    And once you enter the tweakui menu just click on the Logon->Autologon and make the changes or just set it off.

Yes the TweakUI will just help you out and I am saying this because I have tried it last week as I was facing the same problem and even I tried the very first method of changing the account and also creating a new account but they did not helped and when I heard about changing the autologon setting I tried doing it normally by myself and I was not able to do it properly and I was facing the same problem every now and then. After my friend suggested me of the TweakUI I then got it installed and have changed the autologon to off and now I have now I have not yet faced the same problem. Just try it out it really works, Best of luck.

I am using XP Pro as my operating system and now I have found that it gets locked before the logon screen and when I am trying to logon through the domain and even through the computer itself it keeps welcoming with a message saying that "The system cannot log you on now because the domain is not available.".I have faced this earlier but previously when it use to logon from the local computer but now it is not letting me do so. Any help regarding this will be appreciated.