Thread: windows update won't work after using system recovery disk

windows update won't work after using system recovery disk

I have a Toshiba Satellite c655 laptop in which I have installed Windows 7 64 bit Home premium. And because of some unexpected circumstances the hard drive died on it, so I bought a latest hard drive and bought the suitable Recovery media from Toshiba.

I followed the directions and installed the 3 disks on to the new hard drive. But unfortunately after doing this all the windows update does not work as I used to obtain the error saying Windows update cannot presently confirm for updates, because the service is not running. You may need to restart your PC“.

No matter what I try, I cannot get it to work. And it will not allow me to install Windows Defender moreover. Any ideas or assistance would be esteemed. Thank you in advance for your time on this subject.

Re: windows update won't work after using system recovery disk

have you tried the automatic diagnose and fix from the Microsoft’s website concerning the windows update? If not then I would like to first suggest you that you should try to run that, because from whatever you have mentioned I I am also not able to figure out what could be the problem with your machine.

Anyways you can simply visit the LINK mentioned, as it will allow you to run automatic diagnose and fix common problems with Windows Update.

I have the diagnosis that you have mentioned but still nothing appears to me work fine as the problem is the same still.

Any more suggestion on this?

I think you should try to clean reinstall the same operating system on your machine and download those windows update again in your machine, because that’s the only solution I can suggest you right now.

Though I am agree with the above user but still there is a solution left yet as you can simply reset the Windows Update components.

You can do it with two different ways, they are like simply by running the LINK I have mentioned or there is manual steps mentioned on the same website itself. You can see it below the page.