Thread: Install wizard for Linux

Install wizard for Linux

Are there plans for an edition of the Linux people, and I think that Average Joe does not know what a root menu or the command line can be used? I have a serious pop I like to get Ubuntu as a support to the net when something crashed or damaged hard drives world class. My friend is a good example that a PC can kill a thousand steps, normally I would not let someone like that in the miles, but they should have one. I want to install Ubuntu, and give all the issues and problems of the MBR gets virus. "I really do not go to any doubt." The problem is that she has no idea of one, and although I consider a good knowledge of the window I'm at a loss and spend some time a few nights before trying to install Thunderbird in Ubuntu. Anyone help me for this?

Re: Install wizard for Linux

Install Thunderbird in Ubuntu is trivial using the package manager. It is not necessary to use a command line or a main menu (whatever that is). This is actually simpler than Windows, where you have to in fact find the program to install first. Ubuntu (or any added Linux distro) is more difficult than Windows, it's just dissimilar. Like anything you are not familiar with enough to practice a bit before coming to dominate. Once a year is not sufficient.

In fact, I find it easier and faster to install the software with new software center of Ubuntu (synaptic or earlier). Something pops in my mind, type in the search bar center software, then give me a couple of options that I can install, test and remove with one click. Cannot be easier than that. For non-computer experts (people who usually only use MS Office and surf the Web) In fact, I think Ubuntu is quite easy to learn. In addition to the advanced system settings, I could not think of any tasks that are more complex in Ubuntu than in windows. Non-experts should not be played with these settings the system anyway.

Linux distributions have improved package management for decades, and frankly it's come a long way. RPM was possibly the first pre-configured software for installation on a Linux system previous to you tries to download the source code and run it. The package manager should the debate on new people filed application "that the distribution should I? Can I use my package manager (sales) to be easy to find but most people flee in terror when he saw me, my system manage to be. I 'm sure there are nice and polished GUI interfaces to the package manager in Ubuntu.

I completely have the same opinion with that. The big advantage of Linux for people who do not know much about computers is the ease of discovering and installing software. No wizards, it is not necessary, but it simply works. And the installation interface is compatible, you just use the package manager similar time. The biggest drawback of Linux for those who know a bit about computers is that it is not Windows.

I cannot imagine an easier way to install the software that the software center. I can locate and install a program in less time than it would take to find a discharge line. Considerable pain if you ask me. Everything in Ubuntu / Mint / PCLinuxOS has a graphical user interface. There is no reason to drop to the command line unless you like. I'm not seeing the issue to be honest, I feel as if they are willing to learn something new.

how to download install wizard for linux

You can have a look at this link. Detailed steps are given there, hope so that link proves to be useful for you.