Thread: unable to install drivers on Windows 8 Developer Preview

unable to install drivers on Windows 8 Developer Preview

Upgrading from windows 7 to windows 8 which is a preview, I have encountered a problem while installing the software at regular SATA mode the error message popped up stating that” Win8 32-bit Preview cannot work with the AMD Preinstall AHCI 32-bit drivers”…please post me the answer to this as soon as possible

Re: unable to install drivers on Windows 8 Developer Preview

Sorry but I wasn’t aware about the release of the Windows 8 Beta version yet as the only version I have aware about is the developer's one, so I can’t answer you right now, will get to you as soon as get some information about the same.

According to the information that I possess Windows 8 uses NTFS file system, Vista/7 drivers will probably be applicable, as you must be aware when windows 7 came out, ..... at that time driver support was poor .... Vista drivers quite often, worked with windows 7..... Sometimes again the Vista driver installer package had to be modified to stop Windows 7 from rejecting the installer.

I have viewed in some of the posts that had the same problem but besides the ACHI drivers.... the other drivers that you want to should also be posted.To get it started, you could always try and load it under IDE if throws any error go away, then change to ACHI later with the registry Hack…good luck….