Thread: Missing “Save As” option in OS X Lion as "Duplicate" is not helping, Apple should bring it back

Missing “Save As” option in OS X Lion as "Duplicate" is not helping, Apple should bring it back

Apple is beginning to shift away from customary file system with OS X Lion. One result of this action is that the "Save as" command is becoming obsolete. It was really handy feature I am missing it I think apple should bring it back what do you people feels about this please comment on this . I would really like to know what everyone else feels about this I feels Duplicate option is bet more complicated what is your opinion on this

Re: Missing “Save As” option in OS X Lion as "Duplicate" is not helping, Apple should bring it back

I this you are moreover too lazy to gain knowledge about it See OS X Lion- about Auto Save and Versions on internet. It's actually very easy. plus, if you know something about it you would appreciate why there's no Save As.

Re: Missing “Save As” option in OS X Lion as "Duplicate" is not helping, Apple should bring it back

Since Lion just altered the whole thing we consideration a OS should behave as it intended to

Apple is fond of alteration and they even promote their fresh software with that importance Final cut X Everything just changed in position it is also a hit in the face of Final cut Pro Users Well it is Apple and a few people like that

Even I had a alike sense of irritation and disgust when he first unsuccessful to save and save as. Then, when writing an email, which I never first writing in Word, save it and then paste into email, I know, not safe . But certainly the achievement of spinning ball and frozen and lunged awkwardly on the keyboard cursing all things Mac and hating this slavery since 1990. I stopped up my mail through force out, opened again and low and behold in the window of the draft e-mail had dropped my complete for the moment the ball fear and freezing occurred. They got it right. This is something to trust. Leon has a long range to avoid having to hit save and save as much less doubled while writing in a single application. This is a role well I'm happy to have experienced firsthand how well it works. Now if the spinning ball and freeze and delay would be relieved of my beloved unforgettable

I have the same opinion that the position of savings in case of accidents is a fantastic idea. yet, it should be at the outlay of functionality.

It isn't at the expenditure of functionality. It all workings. You just require getting make use of to doing it a little in a different way than previous to, but Save As functionality is still in attendance. Your grievance is about convenience, not functionality.

Hey I would like to know that do you employ for Apple. Because it certain sounds like it. And are you even pay attention to yourself Lets use your response for the Apple slogan the functionality is still there, just it is not that convenience."

Seriously very nice

Save as has always been stupid and dangerous behavior by users. If you live a dream life that have never been kept accidentally changing the original document, press Command-S reflection instead of choosing Save As, as intended, then perhaps you do not know what I'm talking about. In Lion, you cannot do that. You versions, so even if the document is new enough that it has not been supported, however, you can still undo that mistake. And being forced to use duplicate before making changes, instead of Save As after making changes, I find it very difficult to make a mistake anyway. It's different. But it's safe. Get over your obsession about how they used to work and start thinking about how to work. Besides the willingness to try something new, I guess there's only one thing you need to be happy: a keyboard shortcut to duplicate. You do not have to wait for Apple to make, like adding in System Preferences on that Keyboard on it Keyboard Shortcuts.

I am really Sorry, I don't believe it. Auto save is nice fresh technology. I akin to not having to save anymore. edition are cool latest technology. It works very fine with Auto save. I will be extremely happy when Office supports them.

The elimination of "Save as" is not linked to these. There is no technical cause for it. It is merely an random user interface choice on Apple's part. Apple is not correct 100% of the time. Apple's had a lot of achievement over the years do a good quality job of overriding its flops. This is one of those.

I have send my disapproval to Apple. I have also confident Microsoft to choose from Apple's good quality ideas and to abscond the bad ones alone.

The option of save as make me thing like Save As what A spreadsheet, a jpeg, a petunia Save As actually destined "create a copy and give it a unusual name It almost certainly be supposed to have been, Make a Copy though, that certain sound a lot like Duplicate to me. Since Save As destined create a replica, they had to arise with non-intuitive words for change the arrangement like Export. I don't want to sell it abroad I just desire to save it as a png. It makes more logic to me that I require to Save this jpeg As a png . Sometime in the development, that was added to some programs. as well I didn't much be concerned for the way Save As work since I required making a copy of what I was working on, and then go back and continue working on the original, not the duplicate. Granted, that sounds a lot like what Versions give. The only difference that Duplicate forces upon you is that you must finally save the copy file. One additional step. My proposal would be to ask Apple to apply a Duplicate and Save… alternative when you hold down the option key. Then, it would make the copy and ask for a save name.

If you seeking to save the file to rename and to shift to a separate location, that will now need two steps. You will have to Duplicate you file. How to duplicate a file in OS X Lion When you save this file, you will be obtainable with the classic “Save As” dialog box that allow for renaming and relocating. If you want to “Save As” to change formats of the document, you can Export… the document to any other available format. Applications using pre-Lion APIs will yet have the “save as” function; however, the new version features will not be obtainable. As programs are updated, the common of them will also be changed over the to new API. The “Save As” function in OS X is a dinosaur soon to be wiped out.