Thread: Mac OSX X v10.7 Lion performing poorly after waking from sleep

Mac OSX X v10.7 Lion performing poorly after waking from sleep

I have a mac computer at home. I am having some problem with the system. My system is not able to wake up from sleep. When I am using the system, I have no problems with it. But when my system sleeps and when it wakes up it gets slow. I face terrible graphics problem. For example I get 70 fps around and after wake I get 50 fps. Mac is 2008 2.8 octacore with Radeon 5770. It works really slowly after sleep. Any suggestions would be highly appreciated. Thank you. If anybody knows something regarding this then kindly let me know.

Re: Mac OSX X v10.7 Lion performing poorly after waking from sleep

I have a mac system. I recently upgraded to lion and let me tell you that I have also faced the graphics problem. The graphics has become really very bad. And after wake from sleep, I see the performance has become very bad. I have seen that the performance is degrading in the animations to mission control, playback of quicktime videos, and full screen flash. I have 2008 iMac with ATI gfx. I know that this is not a very god machine but let me say that this is a problem. I had Snow Leopard and I must say that I have never faced any such issue after that update.

Well I am having same issue with me. I have,
    • 24" iMac 2.8GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
    • 2GB RAM
    • ATI Radeon HD 2600 PRO
    When I fresh boot my system, the system works absolutely fine. But when the system comes back from the sleep, I see that graphics and the whole system is trashed. This is really very annoying.

I have solved my issue by holding down the power button until power off. Well I have one another fix to the problem and that is that never let the battery run out. I am sure you won’t comment on this method. You can also wait for the upgradation but yes upgradation might be difficult. I hope that 10.7.x releases soon and fixes the issue of many people out here.

Well I had the same issue and it was very bad. I tried many things but nothing solved my issue. I finally had to file a bug report to apple. I requested the apple team to release a fix as early as possible. I waited for their reply but they didn’t reply me yet. So I think maybe they are busy fixing the error. I can understand how annoying that could be for you as even I have faced it. Make your mind start believing that it is a bug. I know that a release 10.7.1 is out but I am not sure that whether this has the fix or not. For more information on this I think you should visit the official website of Google. I hope someway or somehow you might get some solution.

I would say that try to install the operating system once again. I hope you know how to, but if don’t know then I would say that better take your system to the apple store. Ask them to install the fresh copy of operating system.

Below I have mentioned few steps that you can try out. I cannot say that it is the definite solution but it could be as you never know what works out for you,
    • new user accounts
    • reinstalling Lion w. restore user account from a Time Machine backup
    • reinstalling Lion without restoring anything from a Time Machine backup
    • resetting pRAM
    • Contacting AppleCare 6 times. They gave me a dedicated contact that doesn't answer emails.
    • restarting WindowServer

I have also have faced this problem with the update. I have witnessed a huge graphic performance after my system wakes after sleep. Few days back I was using iphoto in full screen and I was just trying to adjust the photos. I don’t know whether the developers faced any such thin during testing or no. I have contacted the apple and I have come to know very soon there is going to be a 10.7.1 release in which apple is going to fix the issue. I hope it comes early.

I would suggest that you should try to install the operating system once again. I think that there is some issue with the operating system. I would say that try out doing this and you will be able to get rid of this issue. If you are not able to find out this issue getting solved then I would say that you must contact the apple guys. They might be able to help you out. You can email them or call on customer support. You can also visit any apple store if you know.