Thread: Finder window crashes on mac OS x Lion

Finder window crashes on mac OS x Lion

Hi, I am having problem with Mac OS x Lion as after updating the older version, but still I am not getting whether this is the problem with each and everyone or with just me?

Whenever I open a finder window on my machine it just keeps crashing and I can’t do anything for that and after with no other option I have to forcibly shutdown the machine and everything works fine till I open the windows again.

Any idea what could be the problem?

Re: Finder window crashes on mac OS x Lion

- yeah you are not the only victim as I am also having same problem with my LION OS. I was not expecting the same but still there are still so many problems with the newer version and that makes it unworthy.

I have again reinstalled the previous version in my machine and that’s the only best I would say, thus I am not sure what could the problem be with the version you have mentioned, but reinstallation of previous version would be good option.

I think you haven’t got perfect copy of the version you have installed because I am not having any such problem in my machine and it works good yet. And as I am running it perfectly that means there could be so many reasons that can cause this kind of problems such as,

Any particular file would be corrupted.

Virus on the drive you were trying to access through finder

OS must be corrupted.

Any software may cause this.

I am completely agree with the above user thus I would suggest you to make sure whether you don’t have any such corrupted files in the machine, because they were the only problem that causes such a crashes on the machine.

Thus I would say you should try to make sure that first and then you can apply another solution.

And after all according to me new Lion OS is fine, but Apple has a lot to learn about making their systems robust and not causing unnecessary pain for users.

No I am sure about that I don’t have any such virus infection in my machine rather all the things were perfect with the leopard but after installing this LION I am having problem with the machine. I think according to me as well reinstallation of the previous version would be the last option. Anyways thanks for the suggestion.

yeah you are right actually but still before installing the previous version, you can simply try reinstalling the same operating system because once I was also having same problem.

But Re-install a clean Lion and move everything yourself, files, re-install software and more and now Lion is working great, so I guess there was somewhat mismatched coming from SL.

happened sporadically, more often than not while carrying out searches via Finder or Spotlight, or when affecting files among folders.
    steps taken to fix issue (via Apple Support):

1. You can first try SMC reset and consequently the below one in order to resolve the issue.

2. After that PRAM reset.

3. clear User and System Caches

4. empty Login Items for User Profile

5. Ran Apple Hardware Test

6. And lastly reinstall Lion via Recovery Partition method, and if you are confused somewhere else then you can have option to go through the apple’s website for further information.

hey thanks for the suggestion I have done this as well and really it worked perfectly. But still do you please let me know from where can I get it?