Thread: Preview crashes after installing OS X LION

Preview crashes after installing OS X LION

As I have already mentioned in the title as I have installed mac OS X in my machine and it just start crashing preview whenever I start the machine.

So I just thought that It would be because of the operating system that I have installed in the machine, thus just made a clean installation of the same operating system but still having same problem.

Any idea what could be the problem?

Re: Preview crashes after installing OS X LION

I think there could be some problem with permission and that’s why you this is happening and for that you can follow this steps in order to resolve this issue.

1. Right click on the root /Library Folder and select 'Get Info'

2. release the pad lock in the lower right hand corner.

3. hit it off on the “+” symbol to insert a user.

4. while prompt add the 'root user'.

5. grant the root user Read/Write privileges.

6. Lock the pad lock and open Preview.

thanks for the suggestion, but didn’t work for me as I have tried so much but still same thing is happening.

I had this similar problem, and the resolution was finally what Silvertoe was saying, but I on mine I wanted to obtain a little more concerned. I wanted to utilize the terminal application to access my list of folders and by means of the reference site command to loog at my user's list of folders. The folders were listed in the wheel group, (which is the group of the root user, and even though you are an admin user, you are not in this group) you require utilizing the "sudo" command to "chgrp" to change the group membership of the folders.

After cleaning up these items I was able to correct the permissions, to get my users Library to show up, and get the text and preview applications to make the container file in the container folder in the records folder so they would work.

I think you should try with a clean installation of the windows but this time make sure that you are doing it from another disk or from another source, because it might be possible that the setup you have has some problem with the permissions.

Thus try with another disk first and then see what happens.

I had the comparable issue. I fixed it by eliminating the preferences file for Preview and you find it in the Preferences folder in the system Library itself.

However, beneath Lion you now have to first formulate the Library visible. a lot of posts about how to do this; but I don't keep in mind the instructions. Why they choose to conceal the Library beneath Lion is one more head scratcher for me. In any event, preference files can be securely deleted a new one is created when you launch the application.

Here is something that worked for me, and I would like to suggest you the same.
    Crash reporter specified Preview was trying to write to a folder called "Containers" in my ~/users/name/library/ folder location.

It did not subsist so I formed it. Now preview will open well. Make sure permissions are accurate on that folder. Hope this works for other folks as well.