Thread: Backtrack

Backtrack

I have installed backtrack VM and now i want to access the application thts located on my windows 7.
    can anyone help me with this???

Re: Backtrack

Hello please follow the steps
    1. Initially you have to boot your system starting the media containing backtrack. And then press enter to continue with the backtrack load. Then from there you have to choose the Backtrack text option and then again press enter to continue with the boot.
    2. Once you done with it then you have to type a command "startx" within the prompt labeled "root@root:” to make use of a graphical user interface.

3. After that you have to choose the places and the computer which is located within the menu bar on top of the screen. And then one application known as Nautilus will open in the company of window labeled Computer - File Browser."

4. Then you have to double click on that icon within the name of your hard drive.
    5. and then to open a folder double click on it which will gives you subfolders and files present on your hard drive.
    6. at this moment you are able to choose files which you want to use and access it. For the permissible operations you have to right click on it and choose open to see the file within the text editor and within the any other application which is available to perceive that file.

I hope this will help you.