Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Help, I am experiencing very choppy video after Apple OS X Lion install.

Operating Systems

Old 28-09-2011

Help, I am experiencing very choppy video after Apple OS X Lion install.

I am also having the problem aftre the installing the lion. The problem is that now I am experiencing very choppy video. This was not happing to me before this installation. I am having 2009 MBP 2.5ghz 4gb ram 512mb vid card. MKV files on VLC are fine but my canon 7D, nikon D90 footage is extremely choppy. And this woa working so good in the snow leopard. Is there is anyone else who is facing the same problem as me? And also if someone have thye proper suggestion for this then please suggest me.

Old 28-09-2011

Re: Help, I am experiencing very choppy video after Apple OS X Lion install.

For resolving the problem I would like to suggest you for not using the VLC media player. Instead of that you can also use other players for playing the videos. I am suggesting you for that because it might happens that your new lion OS is not supporting the compatibility for the VLC media player or for that reason you will need to use the updated version of that VLC player. Try to use the other player and report us back if you get this problem again.
Old 28-09-2011

Ok, for that can you please suggest me some information about the other players that I can use in place of the VLC player. I cant find such type of the player who are compatible with the Mac OS X lion.
Old 28-09-2011

Sure, for getting this type of the problem I will suggest you to use the default player of the LION OS. And according to me, in LION OS, there is QuickTime Player 7. It also supports all the other Video formats which you want to play using the VLC player. In the case of the VLC player, try to use the default player only. And if again the same problem occurs then report here back.
Old 28-09-2011

Here first tell me that, you are facing the choppy video in VLC or in QuickTime player? And here I am sure that you are getting the problem in the VLC player only. I am sure of that because, VLC player is yet not optimized for Lion. So try to use the default player only for playing the videos.
Old 28-09-2011

Friends, related problem is there in my case also. And the problem occurs while playing the videos in youtube. While watching the video the sound quality is very nice but the video is very choppy. And here in this case I am very sure that the problem is not related with the internet speed because I play the videos only when it get full buffered. I thinki that this problem is related with the LION update only, because recently I have upgrated to the LION. Please suggest me in this case.
Old 28-09-2011

Video performance has been terrible on my 2008 iMac and 2009 MacBook Pro after upgrading to Lion . QuickTime, Flash, Silverlight, DivX, DVDs, even the animations between the login screen and desktop and opening LaunchPad and Mission Control are choppy. Aftre that I can see that people blaming this on Spotlight indexing, but here my drives done indexing the day Lion was released a month ago, my computers have restarted several times, & I am still having this issue. I hope that You know it is bad when I cannot even watch the Apple promo videos on their own site in their browser on their OS & their hardware. Seriously, what is up with this. & I ought to mention, both my machines have four GB RAM & I also did a neat install of Lion & it still has not solved the issue. Never had any issues in Snow Leopard.
Old 01-10-2011

I also tried with using the other player for that reason and with that player also I am experiencing the same choppy video problem. What can I do now? Any other suggestion for that case? Please suggest me for the same reason again and also thanks for the above suggestion.

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , , , , , , , ,