Thread: My Mac OS X is deleting Emails, please help.

My Mac OS X is deleting Emails, please help.

Hi all, I am using the Mail with two IMAP accounts, and here I am experiencing the some problem with that. The problem is that when I check the Emails, each time I found that I am missing my emails. I am sure about this that I am not deleting the emails but still mails are missing. I am getting confused with that why the mails are get deleted from my account? So I came here to know that is my Mac OS X loin is deleting the mails or it moves the mails anywhere else? Ifd anyone having the proper suggestion then please suggest me.

Re: My Mac OS X is deleting Emails, please help.

In this case, I would like to say that if you are using the SpamSieve or other 3rd party spam filter then this will caused by them only. And if so then you will need to check the Spam folder for missing emails, I am sure that SpamSieve is moving the mails. If you are using SpamSieve then please try to check the spam folder and then report here if again get the same problem. I am suggesting you that because I am also using the SpamSieve and I was also suffering from the samr problem, for resolving that problem I get this suggestion from the internet and tried with this and I get that in the folder there are the missing mails.

Hey, I am also having the problem of the mails disappearing. And also in my case, I can see that send mails are also disappeared. And after checking the mails using the web interface I see the missing mails on the server. What can I do to get the mails back?

Here in your case I can say that this problem is caused by the Google or by the Yahoo also. Because in some causes it might happens that they are accessing your accounts after you have logged off your account. I may not sure about this thing but it might happens that they are responsible for your problem. In short, there seems to be a bunch of little things messed up here, and I hope this gets resolved soon.

Same problem over here also that you are having in your case. In my cases I can see that the incoming mails are there in the inbox for the few seconds only and after that they got deleted or they got moved anywhere else.

After looking for the suggestion I got the suggestion for this. I would also like to recommend you the same. And the suggestion is that Close all apps. Generate a brand spanking new file on your desktop. Then finder, go Press & hold alt and library appears, then go down to mail. Move mail and find com.apple.mail.plist and move both to the empty folder. And after that this will helps to empty your e-mail accounts from mail in to the file for safe keeping incase the fix does not work. Then reopen mail which will be a blank new mail and go to preferences and maunually re-enter each e-mail account by adding new accounts. And also I will advise you for the file on your desktop which is containing your old settings can be kept before deleting. try with this and hope that this will help in your case.

Friends, thanks for that. I tried with them but they are not working in my case. For that reason only, I have also stopped using the mails accounts from the Mac, now for that reason I uses only my iPhone and this really helps me a lot, now from that day only I can see that the mails are not getting deleted and the I ma very happy with that. Sohere can anyone suggest me that will update for the OS X help in this case? If anyone have tried with that then please suggest me back.

Here I would only like to know that form where I can get the deleted or moved mails back to see. I ma telling for this thing, because for resolving this problem I have tried so many things and now I am not getting the proper suggestion for that, so here I would like to know that only. Please tell me the way to get them back to see them. Reply me if there is any steps for that.

I also want the same for finding the way to get the deleted files back. I am experiencing this as well. I have had several folders disappear, then re-appear before deleting the account and beginning over by re-importing it. Sometimes I can see that it work but only for a bit before it happens all over again. Even the "new mail indicator number" on of my inboxes is not displaying a number when there is several new mail waiting more small issue I have experienced is I will receive a brand spanking new e-mail which i can view the header clearly, however the message body is blank. My iphone can see the whole message fine, so now I have decided to use the iPhone for that reason. If any proper suggestion for this then please reply me for this.

Yeah, thanks for the suggestion. I was also having the same problem and for resolving that I tried with the suggest which you have suggested over there. And I get that all thing is working fine. And also I can re cover my deleted mails also. Thanks a lot for that dude.