Thread: Apple Mac freezes for approximately 2 minutes

Apple Mac freezes for approximately 2 minutes

Hello friends, regularly my Apple Mac is freezing approximately 2 minutes with the spinning beach ball. This often happens often intermittent. All windows that do not respond during this time and goings-on monitor that shows little goings-on. With a console window open, you see a timeout message appear smbiodsendall - the second you do, the equipment can be used again. Some suggestions are made which could be a problem in Windows 2008 due to the introduction of SMB (Server Message Block) 2.0. However, I have tried removing the connection to the server 2008 stops Windows 2003 Home directory open assembly, and this problem still persists. Any ideas welcome, since it is a big headache. Thank you.

Re: Apple Mac freezes for approximately 2 minutes

We'll have approximately closely the same trouble, the addition of AD 2003, but we are connecting to an EMC NS120 as our primary file server. So you can try it and get it done.

Same related subject or similar problem also with us over here. We are also getting a delay of 2 minutes flat, and the same errors SMB timeout in the registry. So far we have tried to modify the TCP_ack set and change to 0 of 3; we turned off the SMEs to meet in NSMB .conf. We have also tried running 64-bit mode, delete the extra entries keychain, which connects with FQDN. We are using AD, and with Snow Leopard. Instead of by means of the Windows Server 2008 we start using an EMC NAS. I would be interested to see if anyone else has encountered this or have found a permanent solution yet.

We have the same problem. We tried all the fixes that we found on the internet but nothing helped. You have not yet found any solution to the problem.

I have no solution, but we are experiencing some of the same problems, so perhaps this information is helpful to someone who eventually can be resolved. We have 4 Macs (various forms) that produces the same problem, and several that do not, when communicating with a Windows server. We have tried disabling SMB 2.0 and rebuilding permissions, no luck. After a lot of testing, we believe this is a combination of a server problem and a number of basic machines: The server encounter a fault and some of the Macs do well or others fewer so. Using a package sniffer, we have been capable to match an error reported on a series of questions displayed on the Mac server to report a bug using the Multiplex ID (mid). The server returned an error (a "non specific" error, description), and it seems that the Mac is lost or ignored. This led to the Mac to wait until the waiting time before resuming dialogue.

There are many of the users who are facing such type of the problems and also not getting the perfect solution to solve the problem, I also think that there is no solution which is been made to solve the problem which you and the rest of the users are facing it.

My hypothesis is that there are multiple discussions in a row, and when one of the talks was confused, the thread blocks of beach balls. The reasons I think this is when the test can request a list of folders, the beach ball, and then ultimately see the files. The mistake, though, has nothing to do with the path request, but instead of a completely different file / path. You can also see the delay in the discussion that is the path being tested. Interestingly, there are other discussions going on at that time. We are currently looking for ways to reduce waiting time; we hope to bring immediate relief. Several of our Macs have no delays, even when he moved to the network port that shows errors. Thusly our long-term goal is to determine whether a) the "good" Macs or see the SMB error response and move on, b) do not generate errors on the server, go to c) is first set to standby much faster than the "bad" Macs. If your Mac is not generating errors SMB, we would like to address the long run those too.

I think you might be able to understand and I also think that you might not be able to understand the problem which you are getting it and also of the problems which the others are have the same but no solution for it.

You should try to do the formatting of the computer or it might be some of the software which is making this happens so you better get it checked and also make sure that there is so virus at all in the computer, sometimes the virus may does it, or the best is that you follow the method which the other user have told you to do it, so you should try it and get it done for yourself and also it might help you, so just try it.